PO: Fall Out Boy - Save Rock and Roll (5/7)

Cause they are a band just to appeal to fans who only like their first two albums. That makes so much sense. They obviously should of came back not to write music and enjoy themselves but rather prance around like teenagers to people with the same mentality as teenagers. Genius!

lol What do you think they're going to be doing with this new album? You do realize that the majority of their fan base was/is/always will be teenagers, right? Now they are just doing it in a more superficial/mainstream pop way rather than a pop punk way. I listen to this new single and I honestly can't understand what message they are trying to get across. It sounds like a bad hip-hop song. That's how I see it at least. I could be wrong.

And if they were trying to cut ties from their old image with Folie then they are just being redundant now.

I think they should have announced their reunion, done a TTTYG tour in May since that's when the 10 year anniversary is, rather than shitting on that anniversary by doing a tour under the title of this new album. I think after doing a TTTYG tour it would have been fine for them to go into the studio to come out with a new album and tour on that all of 2014 and then do a FUTCT tour in 2015. That's just how I think they should have gone about it.

lol What do you think they're going to be doing with this new album? You do realize that the majority of their fan base was/is/always will be teenagers, right? Now they are just doing it in a more superficial/mainstream pop way rather than a pop punk way. I listen to this new single and I honestly can't understand what message they are trying to get across. It sounds like a bad hip-hop song. That's how I see it at least. I could be wrong.

And if they were trying to cut ties from their old image with Folie then they are just being redundant now.

I think they should have announced their reunion, done a TTTYG tour in May since that's when the 10 year anniversary is, rather than shitting on that anniversary by doing a tour under the title of this new album. I think after doing a TTTYG tour it would have been fine for them to go into the studio to come out with a new album and tour on that all of 2014 and then do a FUTCT tour in 2015. That's just how I think they should have gone about it.

You are right about one thing. Their fans were teenagers. Most people grow up and like more than just pop punk. Honestly calling this a hip-hop song is odd but w/e. Considering the side projects of the band members its hard not to expect something like this. Just because its catchy and has repetitive choruses does not necessarily make it superficial pop. Honestly they were pop then and they are pop now. Pop music is not all bad and I don't think by means that this is their best song but its just enjoyable pop music. People are making a big deal about them not sounding like they were when they were teenagers. People grow up and so does the band. I just find it funny that so many people wish for a TTTYG and FUTCT tour and nothing more. I doubt it will ever happen and honestly thank god. Really good albums but they never stopped progressing and never should. As others said this sounds like an intro song and considering who produced it and the band at hand I am sure it will be fine. Its understandable not to like it but to wish the band only played old stuff live and nothing more is foolish.

I would say they were trying to cut ties with that image with Folie

I guess so.  I never spent much time with that album, but from what I know of it, it didn't really jump out at me as a 'coming of age' type of record, but more of a last ditch effort for something a little different before the eventual hiatus.  That thought process is in retrospect at this point, of course.

I was never the hugest FoB fan so this could be taken with a grain of salt. That song was seriously turrible, though. It's like they're trying to write a banger instead of what made them catchy in the first place. And it's probably not indicative of the album as a whole, but I don't know why they'd want THAT to be the first impression.

As seemingly the only one who thinks they've gotten better with each album, I'm excited about today. People get pissed cause it doesn't sound like an album that was made 10 years ago, but that's a long time. I'm a completely different person than I was when TTTYG came out. So are the guys in the band. Why make the same record twice? If they tried to go back to a previous sound, it still wouldn't be recieved well cause it's not the same songs. I've enjoyed growing up with this band and I think this song deserves more than one listen

As seemingly the only one who thinks they've gotten better with each album, I'm excited about today. People get pissed cause it doesn't sound like an album that was made 10 years ago, but that's a long time. I'm a completely different person than I was when TTTYG came out. So are the guys in the band. Why make the same record twice? If they tried to go back to a previous sound, it still wouldn't be recieved well cause it's not the same songs. I've enjoyed growing up with this band and I think this song deserves more than one listen

My thoughts exactly. They really have gotten better with each album and while it will be hard to top Folie I am interested to hear their new album. 

Remember that blog post where Patrick was quitting music? http://www.rollingstone.com/music/news/patrick-stump-im-a-27-year-old-has-been-20120229 

I guess he removed it. 

It actually made me feel bad for hating his solo stuff and their last album.

Then I heard this new song. 

They need to embrace being a pop punk band. They are not the pussycat dolls, but they are sure trying. 

Edit: IOH kind of sucks too.