THE OFFICIAL EBAY CRAZINESS THREAD

I sold my CD for 150....but the other 2 after that went for like 20-30 bucks.

I remember seeing that ebay auction. I didn't even know about that band, which is why I immediately went to reckless.com and searched for a copy (since I knew they were out of Chicago) and found one for like $8.00. The Baxter stuff is all over the board in prices.

I could probably just take a sharpie to my copy.

I remember seeing that ebay auction. I didn't even know about that band, which is why I immediately went to reckless.com and searched for a copy (since I knew they were out of Chicago) and found one for like $8.00. The Baxter stuff is all over the board in prices.

I could probably just take a sharpie to my copy.

XtimX

Holy shit, seriously? My copy is autographed by all four members; I wonder what that would go for...

I actually tried to snipe this one myself... for what I felt was a very generous amount. Being "outbid" instantly didn't phase me at all - $100+ is way too steep for that album. Sealed or otherwise. Glad to hear I'm not the only one who feels that way.

^all you guys in struggling bands, see what hitting women in public can do for you?

Kidding, that shit ain't cool at all and being disrespectful and harmful to women is ultra shitty.

I wasn't gonna say it. But yeah, it is. It's not a bad album, but it's not 380 bones good. Good God...

Holy shit, seriously? My copy is autographed by all four members; I wonder what that would go for...

Maybe less. I see autographed stuff sell for less than the normal selling price pretty frequently.

I won a copy of Bad Religion's No Substance autographed by the whole band for $22ppd. When I had to sell it, it sold for $125. I think people in our collecting world don't really know how to value autographs or if to value them at all...

It's all dependent on the person bidding, band member situation, band attitude toward signatures, I think.

I know Zach from JEW gets really mad about "eBay hounds" who just go back to the bus after shows to get autographs just to sell them on ebay. When I saw them for the first time in 2004, he ripped this one guy apart. Guy brought all the cd booklets, and a drum head that wasn't even the brand he uses. After the guy demanded he sign all his crap with the blue sharpie he brought, Zach asked what his favorite song they payed was, after he grabbed my set list so the guy couldn't look off of it. Guy just stammers a bit and says "Uhhh.... Bleed America..." and trails off, and Zach just tells him to get the fuck out.

but I think the only time I've actively gone after signed stuff is when I have the feeling that I won't get a chance to get something signed myself. Like some of the Manic Street Preachers stuff I have signed by Richey Edwards. The guy disappeared in 1995. They haven't even found a body. If something I'm looking for is cheap enough, I'm going to grab it with a signature, especially because a lot of Manics fans are weary about getting fakes. I'm just careful.

That and the signed Dead Kennedys - In God We Trust, Inc. 12" I've got that is signed by the whole band. I don't think it'd happen by now. Too much animosity. I don't even think Jello would sign something Ray's already put him signature on. That and Klaus is sick, and not touring anymore. SO hey, if I can grabs something like that, I'm down.

But I usually get stuff signed myself. That way it means something to me. If something comes to me signed, there's a chance I'd sell it off later, but if I get something signed myself, I cherish that memory, and that thing's mine. It's not goin' anywhere.

%5Burl%5Dhttp://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=300538662899&ssPageName=STRK'>

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=300538662899&ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT

$167.49 with 10 mins left - this is usually a $50 ish record.

he only uses the three plus VG. i, myslef, have switched to the six plus, 3 asterisk, 9 ampersand, and 2 carrot grading system.

for example. VG++++**@@@@@@@^, meaning: its looks ok.

Scored this for one of the lower end prices I've seen on Popsike :

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=180640746421&ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT#ht_744wt_1139

I guess now's the time to pick up some Weasel vinyl, eh!

I have an original copy of boogada LP on roadkill records with the pink cover that i will be selling shortly. let me know if you are interested.

Baxter - Lost Voices 7" (Tim's pre Rise Against band and autographed by him)

$172.50

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&_trksid=p4340.l2557&rt=nc&nma=true&item=130498583141&si=lfgEn7Hp5k9mvdqqUiMOZKOilrs%253D&viewitem=&sspagename=STRK%3AMEWAX%3AIT

ridiculous considering there was a copy with a BIN of ~$40 a few weeks ago (value in an autograph you can usually get for free at a show???)

thats lame. i have sold 2 of those and both went for around 40 bucks.

Didn't know these went that high. It was only at $15 with a few seconds left and I was getting ready to bid:

http://cgi.ebay.com/NO-KNIFE-Hit-Man-Dreams-LP-1997-Timebomb-SEALED-/170618458723?pt=Music_on_Vinyl&hash=item27b9a71263#ht_1792wt_1139

Twice the normal price. And 10X the price I could've paid back then but thought "No, I can pick this up any time."

http://cgi.ebay.com/BRAND-NEW-Your-Favorite-Weapon-LP-sealed-vinyl-/130502129589?pt=Music_on_Vinyl&hash=item1e628877b5#ht_500wt_1156

Although the price is crazy, it's more crazy that the label is selling so many of these. Going through the feedback, at least 75 have been sold from anywhere between $150-$300 (most of them going for $150). There's no telling how many more of these they have to sell, but just going off of what they've sold so far, they've made about $12000 off of these. Makes me so mad.