THE OFFICIAL EBAY CRAZINESS THREAD

http://www.ebay.com/itm/HUGE-LOT-of-16-000-VINYL-LPs-plus-1000s-of-45s-and-AUDIO-CASSETTES-/280834568430 ?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item41630b70ee

A part of me wants to blow my entire tax return on this and open my own record store. I wish I had the guts to do it.

This is only a couple hours away from me. Wish I knew something about what's in there.

Not horribly far from me either. Haha it would be tight if like ten of us went in on this and split up the good stuff... the question of course being how much "good stuff" is actually in there. That number may include 1000 copies of "Barry Manilow - Greatest Hits Volume II".

This is only a couple hours away from me. Wish I knew something about what's in there.

Not horribly far from me either. Haha it would be tight if like ten of us went in on this and split up the good stuff... the question of course being how much "good stuff" is actually in there. That number may include 1000 copies of "Barry Manilow - Greatest Hits Volume II".

Gotta be full of crap that not even worth 5 cents at Goodwill. And 16,000 records is a TON. That would fill my whole upstairs and I have a big house. Can't imagine how long this would take to carry and store and go through.

Anybody who sell on eBay recently have any people cancelling bids and cancelling transactions after winning them? (and no, I'm not referring to TAITA ::) ) Recently I've had three separate buyers back out of transactions (after not paying for over a week of course >:( ), several other people also cancelling bids during the auction shortly after placing them. I don't get it at all, if you don't want or think you will be able to pay for an item, don't bid, it's that simple.

Anybody who sell on eBay recently have any people cancelling bids and cancelling transactions after winning them? (and no, I'm not referring to TAITA ::) ) Recently I've had three separate buyers back out of transactions (after not paying for over a week of course >:( ), several other people also cancelling bids during the auction shortly after placing them. I don't get it at all, if you don't want or think you will be able to pay for an item, don't bid, it's that simple.

i cancel bids once in a while, depends really, if something comes up and i dont need the item "this instant" not everybody is made of money, also im on the fly a lot because i work a lot so if i see something I want, I dont always have time to check current prices so if I come home and see im way overpaying, I'll cancel.

Like recently I won a sunny day real estate 7 inch that i completely forgot I bid on, and had apparently put a decent offer on it without realizing it was a 7"(paid around the price of a 2xlp if not more) but i still paid for it.

i cancel bids once in a while, depends really, if something comes up and i dont need the item "this instant" not everybody is made of money, also im on the fly a lot because i work a lot so if i see something I want, I dont always have time to check current prices so if I come home and see im way overpaying, I'll cancel.

Like recently I won a sunny day real estate 7 inch that i completely forgot I bid on, and had apparently put a decent offer on it without realizing it was a 7"(paid around the price of a 2xlp if not more) but i still paid for it.

seems reasonable, I guess I should have mentioned that I write in all of my descriptions payment must be received within 24 hours of auctions close. I don't even mind if people are short on cash, we've all been there but I also wouldn't mind a courtesy email letting me know when to expect the payment so I'm not left wondering.

I've sold on eBay since '04 and never really ran into this issue much before (or at all really) but it seems like it's happening more and more lately, people just haphazardly throwing bids around and then not paying or communicating once they win it.

Then don't bid.

Although final value fees are refunded, listing fees are not refunded when a buyer doesn't pay.

Then don't bid.

Although final value fees are refunded, listing fees are not refunded when a buyer doesn't pay.

Sorry ebay police, but ive never not paid for any item I won, I said I cancel bids once in a while, not completely stiff people. But apparently you cant read, as I never said in all of that, that I win auctions and dont pay for them.

I guess I should have mentioned that I write in all of my descriptions payment must be received within 24 hours of auctions close. I don't even mind if people are short on cash, we've all been there but I also wouldn't mind a courtesy email letting me know when to expect the payment so I'm not left wondering.

I've sold on eBay since '04 and never really ran into this issue much before (or at all really) but it seems like it's happening more and more lately, people just haphazardly throwing bids around and then not paying or communicating once they win it.

http://pages.ebay.com/help/sell/unpaid-items.html

Technically even if you say in your auction that you want payment within 24 hours, a buyer has 4 days to pay before you can file a non-paying bidder claim. You are better off saying that a non-paying bidder claim will be opened if payment is not received within 4 days.

Then don't bid.

Sorry ebay police, but ive never not paid for any item I won, I said I cancel bids once in a while, not completely stiff people. But apparently you cant read, as I never said in all of that, that I win auctions and dont pay for them.

What you said seems reasonable, I just get frustrated when I can't get a payment or even a single response from a buyer at all after they win an item. And moonbeams has a good point, final value fees are also charged to a sellers account immediately after an item sells, NOT after the payment is received. Yet I can't open a case until 4 days after the auction ends, and fees are not refunded until 7 days after that. So I'm out the funds for nearly half a month. Meanwhile, eBay has already deducted all the fees from my Paypal account for an item I never received a payment for, and never even sold.

Like I said, I also list in all of my auctions specifically to pay within 24 hours for this reason, and more recently it seems buyers don't read the descriptions and don't take their bids very seriously. I've also tried the four day route, doesn't make a difference IMO, people just don't care anymore. My main point, if you win something (especially from one of my auctions), please pay in a timely manner ;)

Then don't bid.

I read "canceling" bid as after the fact. I apologize.. I am upset at high eBay fees and a number of winners not paying.

What you said seems reasonable, I just get frustrated when I can't get a payment or even a single response from a buyer at all after they win an item. And moonbeams has a good point, final value fees are also charged to a sellers account immediately after an item sells, NOT after the payment is received. Yet I can't open a case until 4 days after the auction ends, and fees are not refunded until 7 days after that. So I'm out the funds for nearly half a month. Meanwhile, eBay has already deducted all the fees from my Paypal account for an item I never received a payment for, and never even sold.

Like I said, I also list in all of my auctions specifically to pay within 24 hours for this reason, and more recently it seems buyers don't read the descriptions and don't take their bids very seriously. I've also tried the four day route, doesn't make a difference IMO, people just don't care anymore. My main point, if you win something (especially from one of my auctions), please pay in a timely manner ;)

People don't read the description.

I've been inserting things like, "Tell me a joke and get a 50% off shipping discount." I don't get a joke, they have to pay $12+ for shipping.

It never ceases to amaze me that this consistently sells for >$900

PJ fans must have deep pockets.

I graduated in benaroya hall, it's an amazing place. Seeing Pearl Jam play there would have been fucking epic

If that's truly Pearl Jam selling that it's the lamest fucking thing ever... ever!!

apparently a friend of the band either lost their wife and kid or they have a really sick wife and kid.. the auction doesn't say anything about that but they were talking about it over on the PJ forum. the proceeds are going to help out that family.