THE OFFICIAL EBAY CRAZINESS THREAD

Off topic: I was looking for wrestling shirts then got into looking at wrestling figures. Holy shit. Some of this stuff is nuts:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/WWE-WWF-LJN-1988-Hulk-Hogan-White-Shirt-Blue-Card-MOC-Rare-/151188732463?pt=US_Action_Figures&hash=item23338cfa2f

What if there are wrestling / figurine forums who are completely cool with this, and then freak out about the selling price of limited vinyl variants?  Fun to consider.

Would you still feel the need to comment on every thread there too?

Oh you.  I had no animosity behind my post, for what it's worth.  Just presenting a concept I've often thought about.

I also wouldn't say I comment on every thread on the boards.  I have no interest in about 70% of the bands that VC seems to actively discuss.  I'd save that question for someone with at least 10,000 posts.

I'm just busting your balls. I have noticed your presence more, not a bad thing, just commenting on your frequent posting. I gave you a +1 for your comment.

I do think there's some truth to your query. Do other 'collector boards' have discussion about variants and flipping like record collectors?

I'm just busting your balls. I have noticed your presence more, not a bad thing, just commenting on your frequent posting. I gave you a +1 for your comment.

I do think there's some truth to your query. Do other 'collector boards' have discussion about variants and flipping like record collectors?

Just the other day I was considering that this is the most I've posted on a forum, ever.  Neither proud nor embarrassed by it, considering how long I've had the account.  I feel like the bulk of my posts come from spurts of discussion on very distinct releases, and then in party threads (e.g. anything related to Brand New).

Regarding your question... I'm pretty positive there is.  There's got to be.  I can't see vinyl as being the only "hobby" that's both actively discussed and flipped online.  There has to be a community of Nike shoe fanatics somewhere out there.

Guest Justin Maheiny

Just the other day I was considering that this is the most I've posted on a forum, ever.  Neither proud nor embarrassed by it, considering how long I've had the account.  I feel like the bulk of my posts come from spurts of discussion on very distinct releases, and then in party threads (e.g. anything related to Brand New).

Regarding your question... I'm pretty positive there is.  There's got to be.  I can't see vinyl as being the only "hobby" that's both actively discussed and flipped online.  There has to be a community of Nike shoe fanatics somewhere out there.

There's a lot of boards for shoe collecting. There's even a page sponsored by Nike that shows you how to detect fakes.

I work with a doctor who will wake up in the middle of the night to order shoes when they go on sale just like people do here.

At least a lot of people here play their records, most of these dudes' shoes never leave the box.

I used to be into SBs so I've been to this store. It's ridiculous. Rif L.A. Has number made & everything listed about them in the store. All the shoes are quadrupled wrapped in cellophane too, it's kinda funny you can't even touch them.

I have a picture of me in a fox fur jock strap standing in front of my shoe collection somewhere I'll have to find.

There's a lot of boards for shoe collecting. There's even a page sponsored by Nike that shows you how to detect fakes.

I work with a doctor who will wake up in the middle of the night to order shoes when they go on sale just like people do here.

At least a lot of people here play their records, most of these dudes' shoes never leave the box.

I used to be into SBs so I've been to this store. It's ridiculous. Rif L.A. Has number made & everything listed about them in the store. All the shoes are quadrupled wrapped in cellophane too, it's kinda funny you can't even touch them.

I have a picture of me in a fox fur jock strap standing in front of my shoe collection somewhere I'll have to find.

So unless I'm missing something here... if they don't leave the box, and they're quad-wrapped so you can't touch [or even see?] them... why drop the money on them to begin with?  Brag rights?

Guest Justin Maheiny

When you go into the store, it's like a normal shoe store with shoes on the wall but they are like super wrapped in cellophane. It will say if it comes with the box or not when you buy them. Without the box, the price usually drops significantly. Sometimes the paper that the shoes come with in the box is one of the ways to prove authenticity like with the Melvins dunks. Guy has the box in plastic here and they will always show a pic of the barcode if they are legit.

Bizarro World

of all the threads, i click this one: http://solecollector.com/forums/Some-of-my-collection-hope-you-enjoy-Updated-2-9-14/75:3:1121614/

half-way down on the first post i think those are stacked LP's.

they are, arent they?

i think theyre just magazines.

Bizarro World

of all the threads, i click this one: http://solecollector.com/forums/Some-of-my-collection-hope-you-enjoy-Updated-2-9-14/75:3:1121614/

half-way down on the first post i think those are stacked LP's.

they are, arent they?

i think theyre just magazines.

Every reply can be summarized as "bro, cool start bro. bro."

Guest Justin Maheiny

Do they care about flipping on shoe collector boards?

No. Most of them view them as an investment any way. If you're buying shoes you plan on keeping in a box, storing them in a closet and never wearing them so they stay in perfect condition, you're pretty much only buying them for their future value. Saving the receipt from the store you purchased them at on the day they dropped is a good idea too. Usually limited to one per person depending on how limited so Japanese dudes don't buy them all and send em to Japan where they'll sell for 2-3 times as much.