new USPS prices horror stories

It cost me $15 to send a valentine's card to my wife in Japan the other day. It was an oversized card, though.

Shit's crazy.  I didn't even think about how this affects the mail order bride business.

The worst blow has got to be international shipping. That's were the price hikes are obvious. I sold a box set and shipping was 48.90. Ouch! The buyer paid with quickness though. I got another buyer on a box set that emails me(I can't get ur PayPal to work). Strange how have 5 others accomplished this. Man that bitch is stoopid! One week after purchase she wanted to cancel her international purchase. REALLY! That package would of barely gotten out of the states from where I am located. Said it was taking to long. LOL, some peeps kids I tell ya.

Oddly, I shipped an LP to Canada today. It cost me 7.05. This is less or the same as it used to be. It has me worried it will get returned but I asked the clerk and she double checked it. 

Love that I no longer need to fill out the domestic tracking/confirmation forms. The best. 

Guest deathbydrums

I think these prices are saving me money. I haven't bought about 10 records I normally would have.

Same. Might actually give up the hobby and find another... tho I've said this before.

I use PayPal Multi order shipping. A 2XLP is still $3.18 with DC. 

Yep, this is the best option for non-Ebay (Discogs, VC, VLV, DF, etc) US orders and/or gift payments and D/C is still $.19. (for now)

Also, to the folks on this board that think " $4 for the first, $2 each additional LP"  is reasonable, a person can send TWENTY POUNDS worth of records from the easternmost point in the US (Lubec, Maine 04652) to Los Angeles, CA (90036) for less than $11..........

TWENTY POUNDS. That is 13 average LP's

Ten pounds costs less than $7.

Think about it.

i had someone place an order for a 7" on discogs last week get fucking furious with me because i contacted him about covering the shipping rates to germany.

because i'm totally going to cover the $38 shipping charge on top of a $26 purchase.

Since the changes i've really only bought from this guy

http://myworld.ebay.com.au/importcds-au/

Not gonna get any limited varients from here, but i've picked up some nice stuff..

Anyone have any idea how they only charge $4.75 for shipping that only takes a week to get to australia from california?