Topshelf To Release Toe Catalog On Vinyl

brandy

I wish there were, but the box sets are now gone. I'll use this thread to give everyone a heads up about pre-orders for the rest of the catalog as we put them up throughout the summer.

Thanks, everyone! I'm actually blown away by the response to these — glad to see people appreciating this incredible band.

Got a LOT of people hitting me up with questions since the box sets sold out.

All the box sets are accounted for and it is now sold out (as I assume you're all aware), sorry! BUT EVERY RECORD IS STILL BEING RELEASED ON ITS OWN!!

If you want to obtain every record within the set, you're best option here will be to purchase the records one-by-one as we release them throughout the summer.

The Future Is Now is already available and The Book About My Idle Plot... is currently up for pre-order: http://tsr-store.com/artist/toe

We'll have the "TBA" color for the The Future Is Now /200 box set variant soon — just bouncing ideas off the band and manufacturer at the moment.

Lastly, the volume of people reaching out about the box set is so high (consider that it sold out during the day in the western hemisphere and most people in Australia / Asia woke up to it sold out and never even got a crack at it) that we're considering making a standalone version of the box that won't be hand numbered or stamped so people can house the records they purchase individually within it (obviously not the /200 box set versions, but rather, whatever version they individually choose to purchase). I'd actually be curious from a collector's standpoint if this would piss you guys off. There are a lot of disappointed people that have been incessantly emailing me all day and all last night about it so it's an idea we're kicking the tires with internally.

Hope this helps answer any and all questions.

I would have preferred to buy each album separately to have them faster (plus the rarer variant :P ) and would have done that if I knew I'd be able to get the box later. So, as a selfish collector I'd rather nothing change.

On one of those off days I'm feeling compassionate I wouldn't mind if everyone gets supplied though.

That's a tough one. The hand numbering isn't a huge deal, but there are a few variants of the boxset that will definitely be dwarfed by other variants of the same album. (In my opinion.) Had I known that the box / housing would (possibly) be sold separately down the road, I'd gladly pick and choose my favorite variants on each release.

Just my two cents.

Yeah, I'm gonna have to agree... I don't know if I would've jumped on it like I did if I thought you could just piece together your own later. Getting to pick and choose your fav variant of each album and build a box that way. If it was announced like that from the very beginning, it would be totally cool, but changing it up halfway through I think would be kind of unfair to the early adopters. I'm sure there were ppl everywhere who were at work or sleeping and missed out as well, and so for those its good that you can buy the albums individually. Let people get the individual albums and build the discography on their own if they want, but I wouldn't be inclined to include a box.

Also, I personally love all their output, but I think The Book About My Idle Plot On A Vague Anxiety is their magnum opus (also love New Sentimentality) So I think it was a good call to offer 'Book' and the boxset at the same time. There will be some people who might prefer to be able to pick and choose which albums/variants they want. So I think doing the box /200 and having the rest available individually should be able to please most. (Don't like to say it, but I think some people are just more inclined to complain. If you missed the box edition, it's not that big of a deal. [ btw, those last remaining copies of The Future Is Now should be sold out soon, people!])

Guest deathbydrums

I think The Book About My Idle Plot On A Vague Anxiety is their magnum opus

Agree.

"The Book About My Idle Plot On A Vague Anxiety" is definitely one of the top albums in this whole genre!!!

I don't care about another box set either way, just glad people are supporting. If you do another, what about an all solid red "Land Of The Rising Sun" Box Set? Toe might be cool with that?