Topshelf To Release Toe Catalog On Vinyl

brandy

Then there was zero benefit of buying the box set back in June and I could have had these records months ago. Not that big of a deal in the end, but thats my angle. Just my opinion. I'll still love the set and Topshelf no matter what.

I don't think your feelings are entirely unjustified, it sucks when you dish out a ton of money for something limited and it turns out to not be the case. I bought a Florian Bertmer lone wolves giclee from the Catalyst show he did for a ton of money because there were only /12 of them, I was really dissapointed when he re-printed the artwork b/c he sold it for like 1/3 of the cost of the original, though I am also happy because I know it was one of his most popular prints and only /12 of them is stupid. 

that said, its not like other people will have the /200 variants to put in their own box set. You bought the box set for the variants, the box, and the obvious appeal of getting it all together, right? some extra boxes won't change that. I mean, you aren't guaranteed to get all the /100 variants, and they seemed to sell out pretty consistently within a couple hours of being put up. and even if I was to get a box set and put my /100 variants in it, I would still want to get the whole official box set at some point! Sadly I missed it, but had I got it I would've still probably tried to buy the /100 variants so I could have box set and non-box set Toe records....as sad and pathetic as that is.

It's a slight overrun, it's not like they manufactured another round. I disagreed with an all-out repress, but I think selling the 58 extras is not the end of the world, they wouldn't be numbered /207 (Kinda surprised there were no complaints about that 'extra 7' jk ;)) Sell them for people who want to piece together their own box-set using whatever variants they have.

The only problem I can see with this is if they were to get bought up by people who don't really want/need them only to be resold at inflation or possibly used as trade-bait. That would suck if you have all 5 albums and some dude has 'the book' on grey /1000 and an overrun box and he's like 'I'll only trade it for yr clear w/ black smoke /100.'

Maybe if there was a way to give people who own all 5 albums first option at them? I would probably try my luck to get one and house my fav non box variants along with the Jazzy Sport remix 12" if it will fit.

Guest deleted

Maybe going out on a limb here with such a novel suggestion, but what about the label deciding? Haha.

I'd probably grab a complete box if given the opportunity and if that's how they're going to do it (sounds like that is how they will be doing it).

Complete box /58 is more limited that /207, even if the variants aren't as limited. That's why I proposed working something out where people can piece-meal their own box together. If all the loose ones are assorted and unnumbered, that seems reasonable to me.

What I would do, in an effort to keep all parties satisfied, would be to hold on to all overrun boxes until they arrive, replace any that might become damaged, and the offer the remaining, un-numbered boxes to people to fill on their own. Would be good to figure out a way to at least try to get them into the hands of people who will put them to use, being that there are so few of them. I would also limit 1 box per customer.

Only way I could see pre-filled boxes not ruffling too many feathers is if every variant is 2nd press /1000 - even then having /58 boxes... offering the box for early-adopters to fill themselves seems reasonable. No matter what there's no way to please 100% of people but you can at try to get them to people who will put them to good use, appreciate them, and not flip them.

Guest deleted

they asked us for our opinions. that is why such responses ensued.

Actually, they didn't.

But being the cool guys they are, they probably don't mind at all!