Topshelf To Release Toe Catalog On Vinyl

brandy

http://topshelfrecords.limitedrun.com/store

awesome new store.  the geek in me likes the specific pressing infoz.

e.g., Toe - The Book About My Idle Plot On A Vague Anxiety

Pressing Info:

first press: /1,034; 113 Clear with Black Smoke, 219 Green, 294 Blue, 408 Coke Bottle Clear; (20 test presses - approved) (20 tests presses - rejected) 

second press: /1,027; 1,027 Gray

Info:

Toe's signature album pressed on vinyl for the very first time!

Thanks! We'll be expanding on this a lot more. We're just getting started on the discography sections as well. I'll be adding to it as time allows. Look for more photos (of each vinyl variant) and write-ups detailing each record featuring commentary from ourselves, the band, engineers and artists involved, etc. We want to give some behind-the-scenes to how these albums came to be.

The store does indeed look super clean.  I like that aspect.  Reading the press descriptions gives me a headache, though.  I miss the line by line format.  i.e.;

First Press /1,034

111 Clear with Black Smoke

219 Green

294 Blue

408 Coke Bottle Clear

20 test presses (approved)

20 test presses (rejected)

Looks so much nicer to me, personally.  Also, the bars that indicated the amount of any one variant in stock.  Bring those back.  Those were signature Topshelf goodness.  It was always convenient to see the availability of any given variant.

Noted. As far as the inventory bars go, we were bummed to have to part with those (for now) as well. Big Cartel's code base allowed me to build them, but Limited Run's doesn't allow me to (again, for now). I've brought this up to them and they said it's something they'd look into. So hopefully we can bring it back eventually.

I almost bid on one of the tests. But I don't get 20+ numbers of test presses.

Understand that. We do /20 for all tests just because we end up only having a few left to spar after giving band members / artist / mastering / producer / engineer / managers / etc. copies.

I'm really wishing I had the box already. Cold weather has me hankering for some Toe on vinyl...

Tell me about it. Everything is in ou hands but these dang boxes. We've been getting the run around from the box maker for almost two weeks now and the holiday this week obviously isn't helping either. I'll email again when we have them IN OUR hands so that y'all know for certain they'll be going out. We're hoping to start mailing them next week.

Welcome, friend.  It's always great to hear about folks discovering Toe.

Better late than never! I love this genre too so I'm surprised it took me this long to get around to them. Brilliant. I bit the bullet and got everything Topshelf had available from them and I was still able to use the discount! No more vinyl shopping for me until next year haha.

Anyone know when Songs, Ideas We Forgot will be shipping? It's marked as a pre-order.

Saw 2nd press and thought you were referring to the 2nd press of For Long Tomorrow, instead of The Future Is Now, should have read more carefully, my mistake. Because as far as I know there isn't a 2nd press of TFIN EP, well there is but it's the /200 variant for the box set. Maybe they'll eventually do a new run of them, though. I wouldn't feel bad about buying a toe record at full price.

I was wondering the other day, are the boxes going to be numbered /200 or just limited to 200? I couldn't remember if it was explicitly stated anywhere.

Both.  The box set is limited to 200 total and each box will be hand-numbered.  The variants in the box are exclusive to the set and are also limited to 200.