PO: Ghost B.C. - Infestissumam LP

i got both my red vinyl and clear one from Norway on the same day...

The US red is thin and has slight edge warp...and doesn't sound all that great...

The clear vinyl is heavy, the packaging is nicer (plus the 8 page booklet); the whole package seems quite a bit nicer. And, it sounds way better to me so far. 

I'd recommend searching out the Scandanavian version if you are really into this album...

The Scandinavian version is 140 gr without any doubt, so it isn't that heavy after all...so I wonder how thin is the red edition??

Also, do you have any static issues with the red edition? Because, my clear version is charged with static every time when I play the album! I'm assuming this is due: 1.- the vinyl is clear, not black, and 2.- it comes inside a paper sleeve, which causes more static therefore attracts more dust resulting in more tics...and I do have a carbon fiber brush but in this case it seems that it doesn't help much!

I don't know what's the big deal about that, anyone who owns a clear or colored vinyl can see that they have a tendency of generating more static than regular black vinyl...that, and clics and pops are more noticeable...therefore I'm not too fond of clear or colored vinyl. Too bad that the first press of this album was clear.

I don't know what's the big deal about that, anyone who owns a clear or colored vinyl can see that they have a tendency of generating more static than regular black vinyl...that, and clics and pops are more noticeable...therefore I'm not too fond of clear or colored vinyl. Too bad that the first press of this album was clear.

I've never noticed the difference. But I clean my vinyl on a VPI cleaning machine.

I think this myth comes from generally the better pressing plants (like RTI) press black vinyl, wheras the shittier pressing plants like Raino and United do colored vinyl. Instances where I have black and colored vinyl from a good pressing plant I never found any differences.

BTW there are audiophiles that believe vinyl with no color additives (ie clear) sounds better than black. Michael Hobson of Classic Records created the clear vinyl formulation for this reason. Again I never heard a difference between black and clear.

i keep seeing people claim black vinyl *always* sounds better...in my exp, i've never found that to be particularly true...there is a huge range of quality due to a variety of issues when it comes to records (not to mention players)...in the last few years especially though it seems like QA from plants has gotten super hit/miss. even something like the Classic Records 200g Miles Davis Kind of Blue was a total mess (on black vinyl).

but, more times than not (not counting the aggravating warps from vinyl being put in jackets before it cooled off properly), the vinyl just needs to be cleaned. records don't come immaculate from plants just b/c they are sealed. i usually haven't bothered cleaning new vinyl (only used for sure when it comes in), but in the last few years i have been cleaning more and more new vinyl w/ my nitty gritty when it's apparent it needs it right out of the box.

anyway...that's my experience...

Is amazon the only store that has these in stock? My local says it's backorderd at the distributor. Even interpunk is showing they ship on today's date during checkout, which sounds ok, except the other item in my cart says "Now" so i'm not so sure they have it. I have placed an email to interpunk, but if anyone has any info, please chime in.

Got my US pre-order package today. The Secular Haze 10" doesn't say BC, thankfully (I assumed it wouldn't) and it's noticeably heavier then the US red 12" (IMO, maybe it's in my head, whatever.)

Still waiting on my Bengans order.

Where are you from? From the US? Because I'm also still waiting but from Europe.

i keep seeing people claim black vinyl *always* sounds better...in my exp, i've never found that to be particularly true...there is a huge range of quality due to a variety of issues when it comes to records (not to mention players)...in the last few years especially though it seems like QA from plants has gotten super hit/miss. even something like the Classic Records 200g Miles Davis Kind of Blue was a total mess (on black vinyl).

but, more times than not (not counting the aggravating warps from vinyl being put in jackets before it cooled off properly), the vinyl just needs to be cleaned. records don't come immaculate from plants just b/c they are sealed. i usually haven't bothered cleaning new vinyl (only used for sure when it comes in), but in the last few years i have been cleaning more and more new vinyl w/ my nitty gritty when it's apparent it needs it right out of the box.

anyway...that's my experience...

you are correct. there is no difference. black vinyl IS colored vinyl. the only argument that i somewhat agree with is with regards to swirls/splatters/half and half colors. when you start mixing two different colors (which are obviously from different manufacturing runs) i can see the change for surface noise to increase, since the playing surface technically is not 100% consistent/identical material. with that said, i think splatters/swirls/etc all sound fine. i have yet to have a shitty sounding record BECAUSE of the color. a shitty pressing is a shitty pressing regardless of the color.

http://boards.vinylcollective.com/topic/88602-ghost-phallos-mortuus-ritual-box-set/#entry1514901

For anyone who thought that this band was anything more than a gimmick.

Agreed. I always wait to see what the band has on their merch table before deciding if they are serious musicians. Once I saw that Grinderman was selling tea towels at a show here in Atlanta, I knew that Nick Cave fellow was just a hack.

Agreed. I always wait to see what the band has on their merch table before deciding if they are serious musicians. Once I saw that Grinderman was selling tea towels at a show here in Atlanta, I knew that Nick Cave fellow was just a hack.

i like this guy. red dirt, ya made me giggle

Got my US pre-order package today. The Secular Haze 10" doesn't say BC, thankfully (I assumed it wouldn't) and it's noticeably heavier then the US red 12" (IMO, maybe it's in my head, whatever.)

Still waiting on my Bengans order.

Any issues with warping that others complained about? How's the shirt? Cool image?

Any issues with warping that others complained about? How's the shirt? Cool image?

My red copy isn't warped and weighs 133 grams. The Secular Haze 10" is 118 grams. I actually weighed them in case anyone really cares. Who doesn't have a digital scale beside their turntable?

I like the tshirt. The poster is nice and thick and came rolled up in a separate box packed inside a larger box that included everything else. And they shipped mine UPS Express so it arrived the day after they shipped.