Official OST and Film Score Thread

Lunaris Records has entered the horror soundtrack game!

http://bloody-disgusting.com/news/3300713/night-demons-witchboard-coming-vinyl-year/

Good GAWD. Can you imagine a rainbow splatter for the Street Trash OST?

Night of the Demons also has a very cool soundtrack with crucial punk songs on it. Bravo to them.

Is the film really that awesome or is everyone really on about the soundtrack that it had? I'm curious about flicks like this considering the trailer is giving the weird vibes when I saw Enter the Void.

For my money, both. That said, it contains what is probably my favorite film score ever (excluding John Carpenter stuff).

Is the film really that awesome or is everyone really on about the soundtrack that it had? I'm curious about flicks like this considering the trailer is giving the weird vibes when I saw Enter the Void.

It's awesome. It has it's boring overly complex moments but the whole style/premise of the film is great and as stated already the soundtrack is fantastic. It looks and sounds like it was made in 1987 with a time machine.

Silva Screen are putting out a 2xLP of the Terminator 2 OST. Absolutely killer soundtrack, and probably one of the first films I remember really having a great score.

They did claim that it was the first time the soundtrack has been issued on vinyl, but I have a 1991 Varese Sarabande press so that's not true! I pointed this out to them and they were cool about it. Still looks like a nice version!

http://www.silvascreen.com/index.php/2014/06/30/terminator-2-double-vinyl-album-release/

Silva Screen are putting out a 2xLP of the Terminator 2 OST. Absolutely killer soundtrack, and probably one of the first films I remember really having a great score.

They did claim that it was the first time the soundtrack has been issued on vinyl, but I have a 1991 Varese Sarabande press so that's not true! I pointed this out to them and they were cool about it. Still looks like a nice version!

http://www.silvascreen.com/index.php/2014/06/30/terminator-2-double-vinyl-album-release/

I want this sooooooo bad but I have a feeling it's gonna be tough to get.

Okay I have to ask, has GoHastings gotten better with shipping their LP's or is it still pretty hit or miss?

I work for them and we have specific vinyl mailers that we are sent to send records out in but orders get sent to different stores so anyone could be packing that order. Even though they have vinyl mailers and are supposed to be using them does not for sure mean they will.

got my Under the Skin LP today and everything was kosher. arrived in a proper mailer with "DO NOT BEND" on front.

record sounds great too. nice hefty 180g, dead quiet pressing.

Yes!! I will look forward to hopefully getting these

Im just curious how often you guys listen to OST LPs?  i have had a few in my day and they got played never.  I can see the nostalgia factor of movies from your youth (80s for me) but isn't it easier/more enjoyable to toss on the movie every year or so?

I guess if i worked from home and listened to records all day every day, these OST LPs might get some or more play, but overall OST LPs just seem like a one and done type of thing and not worth the money.

I am sure i am way off base with my thinking.

Im just curious how often you guys listen to OST LPs? i have had a few in my day and they got played never. I can see the nostalgia factor of movies from your youth (80s for me) but isn't it easier/more enjoyable to toss on the movie every year or so?

I guess if i worked from home and listened to records all day every day, these OST LPs might get some or more play, but overall OST LPs just seem like a one and done type of thing and not worth the money.

Trent Reznor / Atticus Ross stuff, often. It sounds like the NIN album Ghosts.

Hans Zimmer Dark Knight stuff, I guess only when it's storming and such.

Im just curious how often you guys listen to OST LPs?  i have had a few in my day and they got played never.  I can see the nostalgia factor of movies from your youth (80s for me) but isn't it easier/more enjoyable to toss on the movie every year or so?

I only buy OST LPs if I really love the soundtrack. Exceptions made when I see the albums in bargain bins. I don't buy soundtracks to films I like if I think the soundtrack isn't remarkable. Generally I don't even look into super duper represses 2-LP-when-1-LP-will-do type deals. Truly great soundtracks can just be enjoyed on their own, without nostalgia or whatever else.