Official OST and Film Score Thread

I'm not really into compilation soundtracks.. but the track list for Guardians of the Galaxy is far too good for me to pass on..

1. Hooked On a Feeling (Blue Swede)

2. Go All the Way (Raspberries)

3. Spirit in the Sky (Norman Greenbaum)

4. Moonage Daydream (David Bowie)

5. Fooled Around and Fell in Love (Elvin Bishop)

6. I'm Not in Love (10cc)

7. I Want You Back (Jackson 5)

8. Come and Get Your Love (Redbone)

9. Cherry Bomb (The Runaways)

10. Escape (The Piña Colada Song) (Rupert Holmes)

11. O-O-H Child (The Five Stairsteps)

12. Ain't No Mountain High Enough (Marvin Gaye and Tammi Terrell)

I think the only problem with Harry Potter soundtrack(s) is that if a European label presses them (like Music On Vinyl or Silva Screen), that is a lot of money due to being imports. It's just the sheer amount of music haha. What is the count like 7 films. That is a lot of vinyl. 

it is multiple composers though depending on which film you are talking about.  No one said they had to take on the whole franchise (only Jurassic Park was pressed by Mondo, not the 2 sequels).  Williams only did the first 2 films IIRC.  Pressing Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone would be like printing money.

The Congress OST by Max Richter on milan records for pre-order. Will be out next week.

I really love this one. 

http://www.amazon.com/Congress-Max-Richter/dp/B00KE7PCTS/ref=sr_1_1_title_0_main?s=music&ie=UTF8&qid=1405466927&sr=1-1&keywords=the+congress

I also hope Milan will release Disconnect on vinyl. On the Nature of Daylight is amazing.

preordered the congress vinyl earlier today. limited to 500 white copies, awesome score

Finally got my Batman Begins repress. Sounds pretty good minus some pops and cracks during quiet parts which is to be expected. Kind of lame they couldn't use poly lined inner sleeves for an album that cost 50 bucks. Still glad to have it in my collection finally, just need dark knight.

I saw this and Godzilla at my local shop today. Just can't drop the cash right now

Does anyone know if any of the Game of Thrones soundtracks have been pressed?

Collector's Edition 2 disc GUARDIANS OF THE GALAXY vinyl includes AWESOME MIX VOL. 1, the collection of songs featured in the film. Music plays a major role in GUARDIANS OF THE GALAXY as the 1970s songs featured in the film are part of the storyline in a unique way. Explaining how the songs come to play in the story, director James Gunn says, 'One of the main story points in the movie is that Quill has this compilation tape (Awesome Mix #1) that he got from his mother before she died that she made for him. It was of songs that she loved, all songs from the 1970s, and that's the only thing he has left of his mother and that's the only thing he has left of his home on Earth. He uses that as a connection to his past and to the sadness that he feels of having left all that and lost all that.' As well as, the complete official original score from the film as composed by Tyler Bates.

From Marvel, the studio that brought you the global blockbuster franchises of Iron Man, Thor, Captain America and The Avengers, comes a new team the GUARDIANS OF THE GALAXY. An action-packed, epic space adventure, Marvel's GUARDIANS OF THE GALAXY expands the Marvel Cinematic Universe into the cosmos, where brash adventurer Peter Quill finds himself the object of an unrelenting bounty hunt after stealing a mysterious orb coveted by Ronan, a powerful villain with ambitions that threaten the entire universe. To evade the ever-persistent Ronan, Quill is forced into an uneasy truce with a quartet of disparate misfits Rocket, a gun-toting raccoon, Groot, a tree-like humanoid, the deadly and enigmatic Gamora and the revenge-driven Drax the Destroyer. But when Quill discovers the true power of the orb and the menace it poses to the cosmos, he must do his best to rally his ragtag rivals for a last, desperate stand with the galaxy's fate in the balance.

Marvel's GUARDIANS OF THE GALAXY, which first appeared in comic books in Marvel Super-Heroes, Issue #18 (Jan. 1969), stars Chris Pratt, Zoe Saldana, Dave Bautista, featuring Vin Diesel as Groot, Bradley Cooper as Rocket, Lee Pace, Michael Rooker, Karen Gillan, Djimon Hounsou, with John C. Reilly, Glenn Close as Nova Prime and Benicio Del Toro as The Collector. James Gunn is the director of the film with Kevin Feige, p.g.a., producing. Louis D'Esposito, Alan Fine, Victoria Alonso, Jeremy Latcham, Nik Korda and Stan Lee serve as executive producers. Marvel's GUARDIANS OF THE GALAXY is written by James Gunn and Nicole Perlman.

According to the product description the "Guardians of the Galaxy" soundtrack is 2 discs and includes the soundtrack and the score. For $18 that's pretty awesome!