What Vinyl Boxset would like to see Happening?

As a long-time fan, they'd probably sucker me into buying that one.

BUT... From a financial perspective, I already own the 45 RPM reissue of AAEA (wonderful, and still in print)... And the OP of RTS (which sounds pretty great for 90s vinyl). I'd love to get Desert Life for less than $150, but Hard Candy... SN&SM... Not essential. And you KNOW a vinyl box would be $200+ as they'd have to throw in their last three albums (AKA the live August and the two covers records)... which are all still available on vinyl right now.

Still, if the price was reasonable, I'd be all-in just for TDL and the 5-6 good songs each on Hard Candy and SN&SM.

They have a copy of This Desert Life on the wall at Amoeba in SF for I think $125 (or maybe $150?) I'd really love to own that as well as Recovering the Satellites. Agreed that the 45RPM reissue of AAEA is amazing. 

I think I read somewhere that the master tapes for Recovering The Satellites have been lost. So, unfortunately, we probably will never see a proper reissue of that one.

That's a crappy situation. I'm definitely never giving up my RTS now. It's not audiophile... But it's pretty good for 90s vinyl. 

More importantly, it seems like this album "works" better on double vinyl. I'm 99% sure Adam designed it that way.... Check out the way the sides break down and tell me I'm not right.

TracklistHide Credits
A1   Catapult

Music By – Adam F. Duritz*, Ben MizeCharles GillinghamDaniel J. Vickrey*, David BrysonMatt Malley

A2   Angels Of The Silences

Music By – Adam F. Duritz*, Charles GillinghamCounting Crows

A3   Daylight Fading

Arranged By [strings] – Charles GillinghamMusic By – Charles GillinghamCounting CrowsDaniel J. Vickrey*

A4   I'm Not Sleeping

Arranged By [strings] – Charles GillinghamMusic By – Adam F. Duritz*, Counting Crows

B1   Goodnight Elisabeth

Music By – Adam F. Duritz*

B2   Children In Bloom

B3   Have You Seen Me Lately?

C1   Miller's Angels

Guitar [Pedal Steel], Mandolin [Octave] – David ImmerglückMusic By – Adam F. Duritz*, Daniel J. Vickrey*Producer – Marvin Etzione*Recorded By – David Vaught

C2   Another Horsedreamer's Blues

Arranged By [strings] – Charles GillinghamMusic By – Adam F. Duritz*

C3   Recovering The Satellites

D1   Monkey

D2   Mercury

Mandolin – Marvin Etzione*Music By – Adam F. Duritz*

D3  

A Long December 

D4  

Walkaways 

Music By – Daniel J. Vickrey*

Right about the time Lagwagon released their boxset I thought about a cool Millencolin boxset... It would be something like:

LP 1 - Goofy (side A) and Melack (side B)

LP 2 - Use Your Nose (side A) and Skauch (side B)

LP 3 - Same Old Tunes

LP 4 - Life On A Plate

LP 5 - UYN/Skauch/SOT/LOAP/FM era b-sides/comp tracks

LP 6 - For Monkeys

LP 7 - Pennybridge Pioneers

LP 8 - Home From Home

LP 9 - PP/HFH era b-sides/comp tracks

LP 10 - Live tracks (incl the Hi-8 Adventures soundtrack and live b-sides)

LP 5:

Flippin' Beans

Melancholy Protection

A Bit of Muslin

Every Breath You Take (Police cover)

Disney Time (Demo version)

Da Strike (Demo version)

Niap

Understand (Superdong cover)

Softworld (Original version)

9 to 5 (Dolly Parton cover)

Dragster

Entrance at Rudebrook

An Elf and His Zippo

Buzzer (extended)

The Story of My Life (remix)

Vixen

Israelites (Desmond Dekker cover)

LP 9:

Queens Gambit

Dinner Dog

Kemp (Original version)

Black Eye (Orignal version)

The Downhill Walk

Absolute Zero

Bull By The Horns

Into The Maze

E20 Norr

Bowmore

LP 10:

Side A: The Hi-8 Adventures soundtrack

Side B:

Shake Me (live)

Penguins & Polarbears (live)

No Cigar (live)

+more live tracks?

Something like this would be great.

I think they demo LP sounds great, but just add the Melancholy collection and connection to get all their b sides etc.

As a long-time fan, they'd probably sucker me into buying that one.

BUT... From a financial perspective, I already own the 45 RPM reissue of AAEA (wonderful, and still in print)... And the OP of RTS (which sounds pretty great for 90s vinyl). I'd love to get Desert Life for less than $150, but Hard Candy... SN&SM... Not essential. And you KNOW a vinyl box would be $200+ as they'd have to throw in their last three albums (AKA the live August and the two covers records)... which are all still available on vinyl right now.

Still, if the price was reasonable, I'd be all-in just for TDL and the 5-6 good songs each on Hard Candy and SN&SM.

Even owning a copy of AAEA it would be worth it for me if everything was of same quality. I could always sell my copy if it's the same pressing of AAEA

I think I read somewhere that the master tapes for Recovering The Satellites have been lost. So, unfortunately, we probably will never see a proper reissue of that one.

I had a quick conversation with Adam last summer at a meet and greet before the Counting Crows show in SF and asked about any vinyl reissues and he said specifically the only one he could see happening in the near future was RTS 

I had a quick conversation with Adam last summer at a meet and greet before the Counting Crows show in SF and asked about any vinyl reissues and he said specifically the only one he could see happening in the near future was RTS

I agree that he would like to do it, but.. http://www.billboard.com/articles/news/474520/counting-crows-lament-lost-album-tapes-its-disgusting?mobile_redirection=false

I love to see:

1) The Cure: Join The Dots - B Sides and Rarities pressed to vinyl in a box set.  It's a treasure chest of hidden gems...such a great compilation.

2) Bob Marley - Songs of Freedom - repressed to vinyl...that thing is expensive and hard to find... and I want it!

Both of these would be awesome.

I love NIN but Trent's done a good job of getting most of his records back into print. I'd rather he focus all his energy on a NICE audiophile remaster of The Fragile. (And then Broken... Although I can't imagine that one ever sounding "audiophile" on wax. It's a loud, abrasive record any way you cut it.)