Green Day - American Idiot 2xLP red/black swirl Hot Topic exclusive

inb4 TeenageEric gets home from soccer practice or CiCi's pizza or whatever the hell he does on a thursday night during spring break.

Green Day aren't indie enough.

THe color does not really feel that fitting after seeing that picture. Will see if the 09 is still in stock.

Black was still in stock on Amazon and Prime was available. Gonna pass on this. Honestly holding off getting as many HT releases unless it is something very unique or special since they have changed all discounts not to work for vinyl. God forbid they spam your email with 20% off or BOGO deals and then exclude a chunk of their store. I know music does not make them that much but it also makes me wanna stop doing business with them personally. I may buy from them again but its not likely.

I'd like to have this, but it's probably a little on the steep side price wise for me. I think from the picture the colors look fairly cool. I'd rather pick a standard copy up from somewhere like Amazon or Best Buy where I can get points, free shipping, etc... I'd rather give my business to somewhere that will reward my customer loyality.

I'm also not going to lie Hot Topic okaying less than stellar products (at times) and the poor customer treatment over the last few months has soured me big time. I think Hot Topic has effectively ended a lot of interest people had with some of their releases. They have definitley treated their vinyl customers poorly (I'm not saying many didn't abuse codes/but there are other ways to give discounts and rewards to paying customers who purchase vinyl. Hot Topic just refuses to do it).

Sidenote: I know the continued complaining about Hot Topic is kind of over done at this point, but with Travis posting these threads I feel like it's worthy of bringing it up so he continues to be aware. That we (or at least I) don't overlook the fact that vinyl customers are getting pushed around by Hot Topic unfairly.

I'd like to have this, but it's probably a little on the steep side price wise for me. I think from the picture the colors look fairly cool. I'd rather pick a standard copy up from somewhere like Amazon or Best Buy where I can get points, free shipping, etc... I'd rather give my business to somewhere that will reward my customer loyality.

I'm also not going to lie Hot Topic okaying less than stellar products (at times) and the poor customer treatment over the last few months has soured me big time. I think Hot Topic has effectively ended a lot of interest people had with some of their releases. They have definitley treated their vinyl customers poorly (I'm not saying many didn't abuse codes/but there are other ways to give discounts and rewards to paying customers who purchase vinyl. Hot Topic just refuses to do it).

Sidenote: I know the continued complaining about Hot Topic is kind of over done at this point, but with Travis posting these threads I feel like it's worthy of bringing it up so he continues to be aware. That we (or at least I) don't overlook the fact that vinyl customers are getting pushed around by Hot Topic unfairly.

HT has a customer loyalty program, the HT+1 cards. You rack up points by buying stuff from HT and then you can use those points as a discount when you get enough and you can still buy vinyl with those HT+1 discounts. Pretty sure thats exactly how Best Buy works.

Less than stellar products? Yes 2 album covers were pixelated. The last one, Finch, I was out at SXSW when those came in and were sent out to stores so I had no idea until I saw people posting here about it and it was too late. I dont press these records, HT is not a label. I tell Universal what I want and they press them and I buy them for HT. I dont feel anyone is being treated poorly in any way at all here. I think people on this board just feel a sense of entitlement towards getting insane discounts on vinyl. Is there some other place thats doing crazy discounts on vinyl that I'm not aware of? Just because HT did BOGO 50% and Hot Cash for a while and included vinyl in that people apparently feel entitled to that forever now. I dont see how HT is treating anyone anymore unfairly than any other retailer selling vinyl. You're not getting "pushed around" just cause you have to pay full price for records.

Less than stellar products? Yes 2 album covers were pixelated. The last one, Finch, I was out at SXSW when those came in and were sent out to stores so I had no idea until I saw people posting here about it and it was too late. I dont press these records, HT is not a label. I tell Universal what I want and they press them and I buy them for HT. .... rant

Yeah agreed.  Universal didn't do their QC, not Hot Topic.  Besides what do you expect Hot Topic to do return all the copies to Universal and make the records unavailable?

You all should consider contacting Universal like I did.  And tell them using a loud/compressed master on vinyl kills repeat sales.  I used the convenient piracy form.  Told them I thought it was a bootleg because the quality was clearly sub-par.

http://privacypolicy.umusic.com/piracy/

HT has a customer loyalty program, the HT+1 cards. You rack up points by buying stuff from HT and then you can use those points as a discount when you get enough and you can still buy vinyl with those HT+1 discounts. Pretty sure thats exactly how Best Buy works.

Less than stellar products? Yes 2 album covers were pixelated. The last one, Finch, I was out at SXSW when those came in and were sent out to stores so I had no idea until I saw people posting here about it and it was too late. I dont press these records, HT is not a label. I tell Universal what I want and they press them and I buy them for HT. I dont feel anyone is being treated poorly in any way at all here. I think people on this board just feel a sense of entitlement towards getting insane discounts on vinyl. Is there some other place thats doing crazy discounts on vinyl that I'm not aware of? Just because HT did BOGO 50% and Hot Cash for a while and included vinyl in that people apparently feel entitled to that forever now. I dont see how HT is treating anyone anymore unfairly than any other retailer selling vinyl. You're not getting "pushed around" just cause you have to pay full price for records.

Bravo Travis.

Just because HT did BOGO 50% and Hot Cash for a while and included vinyl in that people apparently feel entitled to that forever now. I dont see how HT is treating anyone anymore unfairly than any other retailer selling vinyl. You're not getting "pushed around" just cause you have to pay full price for records.

I hear ya. You're right we are not getting unfairly treated but never seen a place just put everything on sale but.... this and this. I still respect what you do getting records out there but I don't really have much desire to buy records there. I get that records are not a big part of HT sales and thats fair but even Amazon, Best Buy, and other big retailers that do sell some vinyl do have sales from every now. I have bought plenty of records at full price from HT cause I respected how they did business and brought some great records out. Now that every sale excludes vinyl and cd purchases despite it being a small percentage of their sales than I don't really feel an urge to shop. Call it entitled if you want but its the nature of the beast. Most distros and retailers have sales. I get emails everyday about sales but ignore them now if they are from HT. I harbor no grudge toward the company but feel no desire to purchase there unless yall had something truly unique or special for sale. Most people buy records at full price but its just common practice of purchasing online to pick up a random item or two through a sale. Some records I have gotten through HT on a sale where bands I never knew and wanted to check out. We have a different opinion on this matter and like I said I respect your work but its easy to see how some folks may feel let down by the company. Call it entitlement if you want but I would say a lot of it has to do with the online sales culture.

^You've never seen a store only put some of their inventory on sale? Just because this time it happens to be shit you want doesn't mean HT is doing anything different from anyone else.

How is HT excluding vinyl from their sales/Hot Cash promotions any different than Macy's putting all of their dress shirts on sale as BOGO, but not their slacks?

^You've never seen a store only put some of their inventory on sale? Just because this time it happens to be shit you want doesn't mean HT is doing anything different from anyone else.

How is HT excluding vinyl from their sales/Hot Cash promotions any different than Macy's putting all of their dress shirts on sale as BOGO, but not their slacks?

This whole repsonse is basically what was running thru my head as I was reading the post above it.

I don't understand what people don't understand about stores limiting what their sale applies to. Just about every other store I know puts exemptions on certain items and brands. How is this any different? Can't people just enjoy whatever crazy discounted vinyl they got it the past and call it a day. It was obvious this wasn't going to last forever.

I don't understand what people don't understand about stores limiting what their sale applies to. Just about every other store I know puts exemptions on certain items and brands. How is this any different? Can't people just enjoy whatever crazy discounted vinyl they got it the past and call it a day. It was obvious this wasn't going to last forever.

Eh agree to disagree on this one. The difference is that is to be expected now for every sale. I am just choosing where to shop based on which service offers the best prices and customer service. I am surprised it is causing so much confusion but w/e. I am not attacking Travis at all. I just find it odd that a company wants to exclude a section on every sale. Its not just some. It turns me from even wanting to buy full price items which I have quite a few times. Most places mix up their sales. Shoppers build loyalty in general and not just in terms of points. I love when I get random discounts from distros every once and a while even if I normally shop their full price. I always considered HT to be a bit high end prices but at least pack records well and get them out fast. I still respect the company as a whole but I am just saying that I personally feel no drive to shop there anymore. As small of a percentage as vinyl and cd sales are to HT it must of been an issue that some people bought things on sale. There are tons of places to shop though. Just bought American Idiot while thinking about it from Amazon because it was a good price.