SECULAR HAZE'S FINAL GIVEAWAY

Guest Secular Haze

Wooooooo!!! That is crazy hahaha!

And, of all things, the Deafheaven record.  I keep putting it on my phone on the commute to and from work, there's just something about it.

I am psyched to be able to finally spin it!

Merry Christmas to me :) Thanks Sec and everyone else!

Wooooooo!!! That is crazy hahaha!

And, of all things, the Deafheaven record.  I keep putting it on my phone on the commute to and from work, there's just something about it.

I am psyched to be able to finally spin it!

Merry Christmas to me :) Thanks Sec and everyone else!

Solid choice for an album. Congrats!

If You Have Ghost came in Friday!  What an enjoyable listen.

Interesting story about it, though.  Let me preface it by saying that I hadn't had a chance to listen to the album yet, so when I won it I figured it would be fun to just wait and listen to it for the first time on wax.  Anyway, on to the story.  On Friday night, excited to hear what appeared from the track listing to be a great covers EP, I put the little ones to bed, put the record on my table, switched to 45rpm per the label, and started it up.  Admittedly, I was slightly distracted with things around the house I needed to get finished.  "If You Have Ghosts" comes on, and I notice Papa's voice seems abnormally high. Eh, its a covers album, so while it was pretty odd, I figured they were trying something different for that song.  It wasn't until the vocals for "I'm a Marionnette" came on that I stopped what I was doing and realized for the second song in a row Papa Emeritus II's voice sounds too chipmunk-y to be right.... either they went in a whole new direction or this thing is playing at the wrong speed.  I switched to 33rpm and started the record over.... Ahhhh, much better.  Listened all the way through and thoroughly enjoyed the whole thing.

TL;DR even though the label says 45rpm, I doubt they are considering a name change to Papa Emeritus II and The Nameless Chipmunks...

Thanks again, Sec.  Glad to have this one in my collection!

• 2 weeks later...