Online Retailers for RSD Titles

Finally got my RSD stuff from Strictly Discs today.

Also, anyone know where I can get Blind Melon?

well to answer your question, I will share a little story.

Literally every day following this years RSD, I would search eBay or Amazon in hopes of finding someone who had a record I wanted. Three days went by, and on the 24th I was weary. For the hell of it, typed "Blind Melon" into Amazon. Found their RSD release not only up for sale, but for $28 and free shipping. It took a few days to ship, but actually did and is on it's way to me right now. Estimated date is Wednesday. I keep double checking to make sure it is the actual vinyl, but the title specifically states "2LP" so I am crossing my fingers. Especially since it was $28. 

I would just keep checking there and maybe you'll luck out like I (hopefully) did.

Same here. Through Amazon via Turntable Lab?

Odd that it shipped from KS, but I'm just stoked to get a copy, especially since it was the only record I couldn't get from my list on RSD. 

yeah and oh mine says it started in Indiana, then KY and departed KY last night at 11pm. But, same here, it was at the top of my list and I'm not sure if my store even got it. I'm so happy I got it for what I assume to be the actual price, too! 

Haven't had any cancellation issues thus far. (Knock on wood.) My Strictly Discs pre-order finally showed today... Spun that White Stripes tonight, in fact. No issues with Amoeba, Vintage Vinyl, or Melody Supreme either. The BTS I got from Amoeba had one corner bent to hell, though, so I've sent them an email about that.....

Tracking down the Drive soundtrack is proving to be a bitch, tho.

TT Labs on Amazon is legit! Got the Blind Melon 2xLP a day before expected, for $28 with free shipping! However, it was in a box only protected by air pouches on top of it... Luckily, no damage is visible on the outside, will open it in a few minutes. Either way I am happy for the time being!

TT Labs on Amazon is legit! Got the Blind Melon 2xLP a day before expected, for $28 with free shipping! However, it was in a box only protected by air pouches on top of it... Luckily, no damage is visible on the outside, will open it in a few minutes. Either way I am happy for the time being!

Same here! Postman dropped it off in one of those large Amazon Prime boxes, but it was protested well and wasn't damaged.

So glad to score one for retail just by searching for it on a whim.

I finally opened my order from Dr. Strange - they left out the White Stripes lp I ordered. No notice or anything - freaking annoying since I handed the copy at my local to the guy behind me since I ordered from the Dr. I then passed on it at Rough Trade in London. I think it isn't asking too much for an email saying something can't be fulfilled. I think I'm pissed a bit because this is the first time Dr. Strange has ever let me down in well over a decade of orders. 

I finally opened my order from Dr. Strange - they left out the White Stripes lp I ordered. No notice or anything - freaking annoying since I handed the copy at my local to the guy behind me since I ordered from the Dr. I then passed on it at Rough Trade in London. I think it isn't asking too much for an email saying something can't be fulfilled. I think I'm pissed a bit because this is the first time Dr. Strange has ever let me down in well over a decade of orders. 

Not a good time at all. It seems simple enough to just drop you an e-mail. With how limited stuff is and how hard it is to find it for a good price (before everything hits ebay for an outrageous price ) time is of the essence.

Exact same thing happened to me last year.  That's why I posted a warning earlier in this thread, and did not buy anything from them this year.  Last year I sent an email to them that it doesn't take much effort to email people advising them that they are out of stock so that we can look for the record/buy it elsewhere. 

The guy responded by basically stating he would file my email away in the trash.  Lost a customer for life, maybe others by the sound of it.

Had a number of orders get double pulled in the hurry to get it all done so we actually had some extras of these things. All up now at http://www.1234gorecords.com/catalog/index.php?main_page=index&cPath=78&zenid=d937549e6d4cc65e41b303040ecb1f76 [www.1234gorecords.com] »

short list of the finds...

Grateful Dead- rare
Mad Season

Iron and wine- next to paradise 7"
Biffy Clyro- black chandelier 7"
Sharon Van Etten - we are fine 7"

Sharon Van Etten w shearwater 7"
Mrs magician / Nightmarchers 7"
Josephine Foster 10"
Fitz and Tantrums 10"
Herman Dune 10"
Ra Ra Riot 10"