Fuckin' USPS' Network Distribution Centers: the thread.

Post office could not have given less of a shit. Two different employees basically said "Yeah. People fish packages out of the drop boxes. Don't use them." Since the package was never scanned as accepted and was (likely) stolen before they even picked it up, they are clear that they never had it and it's not anything to do with them.

So, for other sellers and people who use mail, if you want your package to make it to the destination, bring it in person and make sure you see it being scanned in by an employee. If at anytime before it is scanned in as accepted, even after you've handed it to a postal worker or a postal worker ships it off without scanning, they have zero liability. Even if you buy insurance, if an employee does not scan the item as received, the insurance won't accept your claim.

To the USPS, even if it's in their drop box or on their counter or on a truck, if it isn't scanned, they never had it. And apparently postal theft is your responsibility to report it to the postal inspector and tell them to build a case for it. Otherwise, they shrug and say "Not my fault". Makes me want to consider stealing mail if it's the customer's job to be the detective and solve postal theft crimes themselves.

So true. 3 days from Cali to NY, 10 days from Texas to NY. So much silliness.

It's not silly at all. Trucks have limited space. Priority and first class get the first seats on the bus. Any left over seats and media mail can board. But if the priority passenger load is high, media has to wait until the next bus and can only board until all the priority and first class passengers get their seats.

• 4 weeks later...

So I had a package that USPS tracking said delivered today but it said delivered to agent and I did not receive the package anyone know what that means?

Do you live in an apartment complex? If so, is it possible that they may have left it with someone at the office? USPS used to dump packages off at our office when they were too big to fit in the regular mailboxes.

If not, I'd call USPS and tell them it was never received. They'll get in contact with the driver and try to find out where/who it was left with.

USPS has been slow as shit the past few weeks

edit: for me at least

Same. It seems like I get tracking, and it does not update until it's almost delivered. They have also been sending stuff to Cleveland, then out PA before being delivered to me. It seems like a huge waste of time and money on their part, since the Cleveland distribution center is only like 20 minutes away. It's happening on all kinds of mail, not just media.

I have a really nice order coming my way from Nuclear Blast Europe that was shipped DHL on Sept. 11.  Now it's sitting in Jersey waiting for the USPS to deliver down a few states.  I knew it was going to be a long process when I got the shipping confirmation e-mail and saw NB used DHL.  I always forget that shitty company exists until I have to wait 2+ weeks for an international package.  /rant

Post office could not have given less of a shit. Two different employees basically said "Yeah. People fish packages out of the drop boxes. Don't use them." Since the package was never scanned as accepted and was (likely) stolen before they even picked it up, they are clear that they never had it and it's not anything to do with them.

So, for other sellers and people who use mail, if you want your package to make it to the destination, bring it in person and make sure you see it being scanned in by an employee. If at anytime before it is scanned in as accepted, even after you've handed it to a postal worker or a postal worker ships it off without scanning, they have zero liability. Even if you buy insurance, if an employee does not scan the item as received, the insurance won't accept your claim.

To the USPS, even if it's in their drop box or on their counter or on a truck, if it isn't scanned, they never had it. And apparently postal theft is your responsibility to report it to the postal inspector and tell them to build a case for it. Otherwise, they shrug and say "Not my fault". Makes me want to consider stealing mail if it's the customer's job to be the detective and solve postal theft crimes themselves.

Even reporting a postal worker will do nothing. I had a maillady literally hoard 6 records in the back of the PO for no reason. She would scan them as "delivered" but not leave them. And then she would leave a note saying they were at the leasing office, but they weren't. I got in arguments with the ladies that worked over there since I would go back and forth from the leasing office to the PO. Finally a manager that actually cared had me write a letter of complaint, but nothing. One day I went there and said "I'm not leaving until you find my records". After 2 hrs, the manager found them way in the back in a "return to sender" pile she had started. I moved because of this and a few other mishaps. Nothing was done. I just didn't have the enery to keep up with the complaint.

Just venting: I ordered the Armor for Sleep LP from Merch Now which has their shipping warehouse in Albany NY, where I live and work. Currently the LP is in Buffalo and will be delivered tomorrow. It left Albany on Monday, went to Jersey City (New Jersey) back to NY (Buffalo) and it will finally arrive back in Albany tomorrow. From my understanding (which I could be totally off base about) media mail has specific routes but I'll never understand why it leaves Albany only to come back to Albany. My house is a 5 minute drive from their warehouse. Worst part is, I can't pick it up. Stupid.

Just venting: I ordered the Armor for Sleep LP from Merch Now which has their shipping warehouse in Albany NY, where I live and work. Currently the LP is in Buffalo and will be delivered tomorrow. It left Albany on Monday, went to Jersey City (New Jersey) back to NY (Buffalo) and it will finally arrive back in Albany tomorrow. From my understanding (which I could be totally off base about) media mail has specific routes but I'll never understand why it leaves Albany only to come back to Albany. My house is a 5 minute drive from their warehouse. Worst part is, I can't pick it up. Stupid.

Usually media mail is tossed in with stuff going to one of the main distrobution centers, which I assume Jersey City is. Media mail almost always goes through a large hub, regardless of it's start/end destinations.