Fuckin' USPS' Network Distribution Centers: the thread.

This one is dedicated on ONTRAC, the world's best delivery service.

enMwmRj.jpg

Instead of wondering what was inside my package, like I do with most deliveries, OnTrac provided me with a neat preview hole in the center of the box.

RVaoTYb.jpg

As soon as I lifted the record, I could feel all the great classic Nirvana tracks swooshing around inside.

TdO7kQQ.jpg

The store listing said 5 pieces were included but I got 7.  That's TWO extra pieces of record for free.  I will have to assume that OnTrac negotiated these additional bonus shards for me, as a way of saying thanks for using their service for my record shopping.

oNoDnsK.jpg

W7ws6th.jpg

Yeah.  I framed the record instead of listening to it.  I have Spotify if I want to hear Pennyroyal Tea on the acoustic guitar.  To me, vinyl is physical art and, thanks to OnTrac, I am able to hang my art proudly in all it's compartmentalized glory.

Not going to lie, that looks sick framed!!! :D

I had to report my mail man recently, my packages have been coming with little peepholes cut through the tape and bent cardboard openings.

On top of that my mailman must like to take Fridays off because he marks it delivered.....but its not at my house until Saturday afternoon :P

We will see tomorrow, I have a belt coming from [insert store name].....I'll see if that box is tapered with! or if my mailman is looking more stylish than usual!  :P

• 2 weeks later...

So I shipped something expensive without paying for insurance because I'm stupid. I shipped it with a label I printed and everything, so as long as the barcode is scanning, all of the information is available to them, so can anyone tell me why this is happening since the USPS is celebrating Presidents' Day privately today?? (Lol)

UtBJsZY.jpg

(It's going to Portland)

In all seriousness, I would assume the weather is behind it. All of my packages have been delayed too.

What do ya mean?? The weather is perfect here! You'd think it would sit at the departing facility until the weather was alright wherever it's going instead of bouncing to and from every single location within 50 miles.

I think you're prematurely freaking out. If it's moving, that's good.

I mean, all of these facilities are within 10 miles from each other and it keeps jumping back and forth between them, when every other package including the 73 others I mailed that day (okay I didn't check them all, but I checked like 15 of them) departed from Oak Creek and then to their destinations. Looks like I'm just insuring every single package from now on :-(