Fuckin' USPS' Network Distribution Centers: the thread.

• 3 weeks later...

DATE & TIME
STATUS OF ITEM
February 14, 2015 , 3:24 am

Arrived at USPS Facility

SAN DIEGO, CA 92199 

Your item arrived at our USPS facility in SAN DIEGO, CA 92199 on February 14, 2015 at 3:24 am. The item is currently in transit to the destination.

February 12, 2015 , 7:45 am

Departed USPS Facility

SAN BERNARDINO, CA 92403 

February 11, 2015 , 11:20 pm

Arrived at USPS Facility

SAN BERNARDINO, CA 92403 

February 10, 2015 , 10:01 pm

Arrived at USPS Facility

GOLETA, CA 93199 

February 10, 2015 , 7:26 am

Arrived at USPS Facility

CAMARILLO, CA 93010 

February 10, 2015 , 5:09 am

Arrived at Post Office

CAMARILLO, CA 93010 

February 10, 2015 , 1:29 am

Departed USPS Facility

GOLETA, CA 93199 

February 9, 2015 , 10:23 pm

Arrived at USPS Facility

GOLETA, CA 93199 

February 9, 2015 , 7:28 am

Arrived at USPS Facility

CAMARILLO, CA 93010 

February 8, 2015 , 10:52 pm

Departed USPS Facility

GOLETA, CA 93199 

February 8, 2015 , 10:44 pm

Arrived at USPS Facility

GOLETA, CA 93199 

February 8, 2015 , 2:02 am

Departed USPS Facility

BELL GARDENS, CA 90201 

February 7, 2015 , 1:30 pm

Arrived at USPS Facility

BELL GARDENS, CA 90201 

February 4, 2015 , 1:08 pm

Arrived at USPS Origin Facility

JERSEY CITY, NJ 07097 

January 30, 2015 , 5:00 pm

Departed Post Office

CHELTENHAM, PA 19012 

January 30, 2015 , 3:49 pm

Acceptance

CHELTENHAM, PA 19012 

Unbelievable.  Still waiting on this to get to my buyer in Oceanside, CA.  I hope it's still in one piece.

Seems like an odd conclusion. You obviously shipped it, and hopefully had the receipt which showed the zip code destination/delivery date. At most I would split the difference, depending on the transaction.

That's bs man you shouldn't have had to refund. Did you try contacting them? https://prd2faq.usps.com/faq/iq/usps/request.do?forward=emailUs

They have up to 2 days to respond to you, it has worked for me up to 5 times. And fucking sometimes the tracking won't update and it's actually arrived at the destination, this just happened to me last week as a buyer myself. I ordered from a New York label, and the tracking didn't update at all the whole way through, not until like 5 days after I had it already. 

• 2 weeks later...

So here's a fun scenario:

FowtyDollaz, on 25 Feb 2015 - 12:44 PM, said:snapback.png

the first snow that stuck here came while I was in VT. It melted and then refroze (while I was away). Now my driveway is just ice. I haven't received ANY mail in 2 days because I think the postman is afraid to walk up my drive to drop a package:( Also maybe he doesn't realize I have a mailbox.

Date/Time Event Name Location 25 Feb 2015 14:41 Delivery attempted, Refer to USPS notice Milford, CT 

I didn't receive any USPS notice lol...what a tool.

I would get the inch of Ice of my driveway, but I don't have a jackhammer (it's frozen solid). 

February 23, 2015 , 6:32 pm

Departed Post Office

READING, PA 19607

Your item has left our acceptance facility and is in transit to a sorting facility on February 23, 2015 at 6:32 pm in READING, PA 19607.

February 23, 2015 , 3:41 pm

Acceptance

READING, PA 19607

February 21, 2015 , 11:04 pm

Shipping Label Created

READING, PA 19607

February 21, 2015

Pre-Shipment Info Sent to USPS

This is starting to make me nervous that there hasn't been an update for 5 days. Same thing with another record I dropped off, both have just been sitting at this status. Meanwhile all the other records I sent media mail a week or two ago got to their destinations in this amount of time.

EDIT: And something I just sent out yesterday already is updated GREEEEAAAAAAAT.

• 2 weeks later...

So is the East Coast still affected by the snow? I have three records coming from NJ and NY that I haven't seen an update in three weeks. I'm not worried...yet.

Im in NY & we're pretty much done with it. Everythings melting

im-melting.jpg

Also, 3 weeks without an update is pretty crazy. I'd look into it

Looking at my most recent ones:

I have one from Captured Tracks (media mail) with the only status being "Shipping Label Created" from 3/4/15

Another one from UO (first-class) with the last status being "Departed USPS Facility" from Kearny, NJ 3/3/15 

My Captured Tracks order from the 4th still hasn't been marked as shipped either. I just contacted them about the hold-up, so I'll let you know if I hear anything.

just because the weather has improved doesn't necessarily mean that the massive backlog of mail melted away.  the post office may still be digging out.

Yeah but I, nor anyone I know in this area, have had issues with the mail. Plus, the tracking says it departed Kearny, NJ. So it's been out of the NE for a while according to that.

The north Jersey sorting facilities suck no matter what the weather is doing.

I appreciate that, thank you!

I called UO and they told me to call them again at the end of March if I don't get my package for a full refund. They're saying the weather is still questionable up in the East Coast which is why I made the comment earlier. 

I just got an email back from Captured Tracks stating that it won't be in the mail until next week, even though I was given a shipping number a week ago. Apparently they're too busy shipping out Mac's 7" club orders to fill these orders.

That means, if it ships at the earliest (Monday), it will have taken them 12 days to put the LP in the mail. Seems pretty unreasonable to me.

I seem to have a lot records get stuck in Harrisburg, PA.  One time I had a record ship form Lancaster to Hanover (only about an hour drive) and it took 8 days to get here.  It took 5 days to move from Harrisburg from the time it was received there to the time it left there.  Now I have another one there.  Only been there for 3 days now.  

I'd love to vent!

Album departed Tuscon, AZ in route to Orange, CA on March 4th. Landed in Bell Gardens, CA on March 6th at 8am, and left the next day at 2:30am. I'm thinking sweet, might arrive early!

3 days later it arrived in Greensboro, NC. UHHHHHHH WHAT?

March 11th, it left North Carolina back in route to California. March 13th it arrived back in Bell Gardens, and departed a few hours later. No update yet, I've got a strong feeling it's back on its way to North Carolina. 

So far, 13 days to travel the typical drive of 8 hours from Tuscon to Orange. 

It's not necessarily USPS (I think) but two packages I've ordered from Italy have gone missing in transit.  This is frustrating, because both of these are rarities (as evidenced by having to order them from Italy) and I've put over $120 into these.  :(

I've heard a lot of bad things about Italian post, but every other record I've ordered from the country has never went missing.  That is, until they're records that I can't find anywhere else.