Fuckin' USPS' Network Distribution Centers: the thread.

Nothing like creating a label and then dropping it off at the PO 5 to 6 days later.....

That's a whole other story.

Been tracking down a particular LP from a defunct label and ordered from the label owner's old online store...two weeks went by this no correspondence...filed a PayPal claim...label owner never responded...got an automatic refund after the response period expired.

Two months later, VC member tells me same label owner sent him a copy of said LP. I email owner and ask if he has more copies available. No response.

A month later, a copy pops up on Discogs. I buy it ASAP. Invoice comes and it's from the very same label owner. His Discogs seller profile says "takes 1-2 weeks to drop off at post office" so I'm OK with the 11 days it took between when I ordered and when it was dropped off. I just want this LP even if it takes several weeks or longer to get here and involves zero communication. So close, yet still so far.

Had my Topshelf package picked up a week ago...........and that's been the last I've heard from it. Of course it's from the "OOP Release Sale". What's my course of action on something like this? Do I tell Topshelf? Do I contact the Postal Service myself? 

You're not alone. Mine hasn't moved either. I'd give it a little more time.

Mine should be showing up today - but be a little patient :P

Slip was created on September 29th, but not accepted by the Post Office until October 1st.  That's 4 days, including the weekend. Media mail is 2-8, plus some postal companies are claiming delays due to the hurricane/flooding depending on your locale!

My slip was created on the 29th, then picked up 3 hours later. That's the last thing I have on the tracking. Is being accepted by the post office the next step or is picked up considered accepted? 

Ks0DGch.jpg

I live in California.

Here's an update.

Dxq5rH3.png

The package left Las Vegas center at 8am then returned to the Las Vegas center at 5:18pm and then left again one minute later.  :huh:

Really interested to get the package in my hands and see what about it caused the post office to be so confused about its destination.

Oh man...I totally forgot about this thread. 

Not a record but I ordered a book from an indie bookstore in Miami that had the author signing the books at an event. I couldn't go as it was on a Monday afternoon. 

Ordered a signed copy of the book. It went out a day or two after label created. But it went from Miami to Jacksonville and back down to be delivered to me in Palm Beach. I'm only an hour or so north of Miami. Found the routing amusing. 

This one had my hopes up and everything. I live in Utah..... Capture.png

That tracking makes no sense. How did it go from out for delivery to states over in 5 hours? Seems like a glitch in their system on that one. - Doubt it was tossed on a plane.

What would y'all do when the postman themself loses a package you had picked up? Back in August I sold something on eBay and scheduled a pickup for it. The mailguy picked it up and it never got scanned, and the buyer never got it. Had to refund them of course. 3 calls to the post office and each time they were like "he says he picked it up, it probably got misplaced or was just never scanned, it should be delivered." October is here and it's still in complete pickup limbo.

I don't even think I can file a claim because it never technically entered the postal service.

What would y'all do when the postman themself loses a package you had picked up? Back in August I sold something on eBay and scheduled a pickup for it. The mailguy picked it up and it never got scanned, and the buyer never got it. Had to refund them of course. 3 calls to the post office and each time they were like "he says he picked it up, it probably got misplaced or was just never scanned, it should be delivered." October is here and it's still in complete pickup limbo.

I don't even think I can file a claim because it never technically entered the postal service.

Oh man, I'd go postal!

*silently exits the vicinity*

Shit like this makes me really appreciate my local PO. I don't have a printer, so I always go to the post office to send off records. They always scan the tracking barcode before they stick it on the package. I'd be fuming if I sent a package off that never got scanned, and turned up missing.

Hope things work out for you.

If the mail carrier scans it, and it get's changed to "picked up" you should be able to file a claim. I always make sure they scan it when I hand it to them, or the rare times I go to the post office, I make them give me a receipt to show it was accepted.