AGAINST ME! 39th pressing out now!

That wasn't really the point... I don't know what the price is, I was just saying it as an example.  I appreciate you picking apart that detail though.

Then what was the point? Yeah, 39 pressings is alot but they have kept it in print at an incredibly cheap price and still made it limited. It's way more fun to buy an /138 split color pressing rather than a /10000 black pressing for a dollar more.

Then what was the point? Yeah, 39 pressings is alot but they have kept it in print at an incredibly cheap price and still made it limited. It's way more fun to buy an /138 split color pressing rather than a /10000 black pressing for a dollar more.

I know this will come off as me being an asshole, but that's not my intent.

Ok, flood argued that this is the label's way of keeping a classic album in print.

To which I replied and said if they wanted to do just that, they would have originally done a black /unlimited pressing.

That's it. I guess it's my bad that I don't keep in mind how much each record is priced at, but I felt like using $11.99 as a place holder was a fair price. I'm sorry that I estimated i at a dollar more than all of the 39 pressings are sold for.  Same goes for using "black." Go ahead and replace color and price for whatever you see fit.

I know this will come off as me being an asshole, but that's not my intent.

Ok, flood argued that this is the label's way of keeping a classic album in print.

To which I replied and said if they wanted to do just that, they would have originally done a black /unlimited pressing.

That's it. I guess it's my bad that I don't keep in mind how much each record is priced at, but I felt like using $11.99 as a place holder was a fair price. I'm sorry that I estimated i at a dollar more than all of the 39 pressings are sold for.  Same goes for using "black." Go ahead and replace color and price for whatever you see fit.

$1.99, but still

People complaining on VC? No way!

keeping a classic punk rock record in press so that kids can always buy a cheap copy of it? VAR YOU ARE SUCH AN ASSHOLE.

go outside kids, you really need hobbies if you have the time to bitch about things like this.

I wonder how many people get upset by this and yet don't bat an eye when a new release goes up for preorder with 3+ variants at $15 a pop.

Also, there are like 5 people with an anywhere near complete RAR collection. No one is getting screwed by a great record remaining in print. Who fucking cares.

I'd really like to know how you think this works. So, a record label guy goes to a pressing plant and says "Hey, I'd like to order unlimited copies of this on black vinyl," "Sure, that would be unlimited dollars." "Here you go." "Thanks, here's your unlimited batch of records."

When a record has an "unlimited" supply, it just means they repress it when the previously pressed copies sell out.

And when you added replace "black" with "color... Well that's exactly what No Idea Does. They order another batch when the previous one sells out. The only difference is they let people know they ran out and ordered another batch. And because it's cheaper/fun they order whichever color the pressing plant has lying around.

Why didn't they order 50.000 copies the first time around? Well who in their right mind would have guessed that RAR would sell more than 1000...

I'd really like to know how you think this works. So, a record label guy goes to a pressing plant and says "Hey, I'd like to order unlimited copies of this on black vinyl," "Sure, that would be unlimited dollars." "Here you go." "Thanks, here's your unlimited batch of records."

When a record has an "unlimited" supply, it just means they repress it when the previously pressed copies sell out.

And when you added replace "black" with "color... Well that's exactly what No Idea Does. They order another batch when the previous one sells out. The only difference is they let people know they ran out and ordered another batch. And because it's cheaper/fun they order whichever color the pressing plant has lying around.

Why didn't they order 50.000 copies the first time around? Well who in their right mind would have guessed that RAR would sell more than 1000...

Okay.  Clearly something is getting lost in translation here.

What I was saying was just to press it on ONE color for ONE price as needed.  When I sais you can replace black with whatever color, what I mean to say is that instead of making all copies black, all copies could be red.  Or blue.  Or splatter.  Whatever.  The idea is not to put a variant amount number and a pressing number on every batch that is ordered from the plant.  Which makes it harder for flippers and makes it easier on the hardcore fans / variant collectors.  I don't see how this is so hard.

An example would be the Their/They're/There record being sold on red as an "unlimited variant."

This wasn't meant to be this huge thing guys, so please just relax.  It was just a statement on a message board about making records available for fans to own. That's it.

Okay.  Clearly something is getting lost in translation here.

What I was saying was just to press it on ONE color for ONE price as needed.  When I sais you can replace black with whatever color, what I mean to say is that instead of making all copies black, all copies could be red.  Or blue.  Or splatter.  Whatever.  The idea is not to put a variant amount number and a pressing number on every batch that is ordered from the plant.  Which makes it harder for flippers and makes it easier on the hardcore fans / variant collectors.  I don't see how this is so hard.

An example would be the Their/They're/There record being sold on red as an "unlimited variant."

This wasn't meant to be this huge thing guys, so please just relax.  It was just a statement on a message board about making records available for fans to own. That's it.

Well, it was wrong. BEsides, criticizing No Idea's practices is a no. They're a good, honest label, and trying to pick apart things they do just gets people wondering why you're here in the first place.

Thing is, how many people picking up this record these days are actually variant collectors? I'm guessing most of the people picking up this record are new AM! Fans who don't have a physical copy of it and "hey, cool, it's on colored vinyl! That's neat!"

Fact is, it's cheaper to get these pressed how NIR does it, where the plant isn't having to dip into just one color and that's it. The recycled.mixed colors of whatever the plant has lying around is cheaper to press because it's excess pellets (can't remember the exact wording/terminology) and they can clear out the material.

This keeps prices low. Why is that a bad thing?