PO: Alkaline Trio - My Shame Is True + EP

I'm paranoid about the quality of all of ~epitaph's records... they had issues with those NOFX records a few years back, one of my bad religion records was unplayable (on my old/cheap record player), this addiction skips in the middle of lead poisoning (I believe), etc.  the new propagandhi record turned out great, so I was hoping this one would be fine, but we'll see...

I'm bringing my copy to Easter festivities today to try on my parents' record player to make sure it's not just my setup, but "Only Love" had so many skips that it was unlistenable. At least 15, I tried playing it again and it skipped in the same spots. Side 1 there were no issues. 

i was surprisingly pleased with the broken wing EP as well.

and i wasn't paying super close attention until the end of side 2 of my shame is true (pink) where i noticed it skipped a bunch on the last song.  it's kind of annoying but not unlistenable.  i might give it another spin and think about it some more before i decide what to do.  i'm not sure yet if i think it's worth trying to get it replaced.

I'm paranoid about the quality of all of ~epitaph's records... they had issues with those NOFX records a few years back, one of my bad religion records was unplayable (on my old/cheap record player), this addiction skips in the middle of lead poisoning (I believe), etc.  the new propagandhi record turned out great, so I was hoping this one would be fine, but we'll see...

so they are all like that? i thought it was just my copy

Does anyone's B-side skip really bad? The A-side isn't too bad but my B-side is unbearable! Every song has like 4-5 bad skips in it! I'm gonna email KR but I'm wondering if anyone has skips on theirs. I checked for divots in the grooves but there are none and there's no pieces of the sleeve on it either.

Edit: reading a few pages back and seeing this is a common problem, such a shame. 

Not all. My copy of Smash did not have one. Neither did my NFG 'Not Without A Fight'. Its a common practice there but its not with everything. It is a nice surprise because they were not advertising it came with one. Makes it even more worth its cost.

NFG was released on Bridge 9. Likely why there wasn't a CD - B9 usually just does dl codes.

This.

EP is definitely superior, but the album is growing on me a bit. Fact is, I really like Alkaline Trio, so even though they wrote an album they've already written before, I liked that album. There might not be anything memorable, but it's still okay. 

Broken Wing / Balanced On a Shelf are tops for me personally overall. 

Lot of background noise on my pink one. No fun listen to it. Sounds like shit. Still after antistatic cleaning.

I have the same issue. It's a bummer because this album is way better than I was expecting. Anyone have any experience with KRM sending out replacements? Seems like some of these came out fine and some came out like garbage.

FYI - Pink is back up.