PO: Alkaline Trio - My Shame Is True + EP

maybe it's just me, but most of my favorite alkaline trio songs are matt songs.  granted most of those are older songs (FHTI/GM era), but I feel like matt has a higher ceiling while dan has more consistency.  I sense some "favorite alkaline trio songs" lists coming up, but I'm guessing my top 10 would be 7/3 in favor of matt, and if we include side/solo projects, it might be even more tilted toward matt.  I like dan's solo work, but I love the heavens album

I agree with you, I definitely like Matt's stuff more.  Which is why I was surprised when I realized that my favorite album (Good Mourning) featured the most even split between Matt & Dan.  But that album is solid beginning to end.  My favorite Dan song ever is "Emma".

It's funny, because it seems like most of the posters here tend to lean more towards Dan's stuff.  Chocolate and vanilla...  

Finally got around to listening to "Warhol" and I absolutely loved it.  The "let's go" parts were so catchy.  Yes, they have been writing very similar songs for awhile now, but when it comes down to it they are a punk band, and there are going to be a lot of songs that sound the same.  The only thing I worry about with them is the whole "pop goth" thing they really latched onto after From Here to Infirmary, I'm just concerned they feel like they have to write lyrics within this niche, like how the Misfits are almost pigeon-holed to write about horror movies.  I miss songs like Private Eye, Fuck You Aurora, and She Took Him to the Lake.  

Finally got around to listening to "Warhol" and I absolutely loved it.  The "let's go" parts were so catchy.  Yes, they have been writing very similar songs for awhile now, but when it comes down to it they are a punk band, and there are going to be a lot of songs that sound the same.  The only thing I worry about with them is the whole "pop goth" thing they really latched onto after From Here to Infirmary, I'm just concerned they feel like they have to write lyrics within this niche, like how the Misfits are almost pigeon-holed to write about horror movies.  I miss songs like Private Eye, Fuck You Aurora, and She Took Him to the Lake.  

This is the best song they ever did. Not only is it my favorite Alktrio song, It's one my favorite songs ever.

To a degree in some of their older songs it was still noticeably even before From Here To Infirmary. A lot on their first album actually.

April 25 - Santa Ana, CA (Observatory)

April 26 - San Diego, CA (HOB)

April 27 - Las Vegas, NV (Fremont CC)

April 28 - Tempe, AZ (Marquee Theater)

April 29 - Albuquerque, NM (Sunshine Theater)

May 1 - Tulsa, OK (Cain's Ballroom)

May 2 - Dallas, TX (HOB)

May 3 - Houston, TX (HOB)

May 4 - Austin, TX (Emo's)

May 8 - Ft. Lauderdale, FL (Revolution)

May 9 - Gainesville, FL (Florida Theater)

May 10 - Orlando, FL (HOB)

May 11 - Atlanta, GA (Center Stage)

May 12 - Nashville, TN (Marathon Music Works)

May 14 - Carrboro, NC (Cat's Cradle)

May 15 - Richmond, VA (The National)

May 16 - Norfolk, VA (Norva)

May 17 - Baltimore, MD (Rams Head Live)

May 18 - Boston, MA (HOB)

May 19 - New Haven, CT (Toad's Place)

May 22 - Lancaster, PA (Chameleon Club)

May 23 - Philadelphia, PA (Electric Factory)

May 24 - New York, NY (Best Buy Theater)

May 25 - Rochester, NY (Water Street Music Hall)

May 26 - Columbus, OH (Newport Music Hall)

May 28 - Cleveland, OH (HOB)

May 29 - Detroit, MI (Clutch Cargo)

May 30 - Chicago, IL (Metro)

May 31 - Chicago, IL (Metro)

June 1 - Milwaukee, WI (The Rave)

June 2 - St. Louis, MO (Pop's)

June 4 - Denver, CO (Summit Music Hall)

June 5 - Salt Lake City, UT (Summit Music Hall)

June 7 - Seattle, WA (Showbox at the Market)

June 8 - Portland, OR (Hawthorne Theater)

June 9 - San Francisco, CA (Regency Ballroom)

June 11 - Los Angeles, CA (HOB)