PO: Touché Amore - 7" Box Set 2012-2013

To me it seems this would instigate people who don't really give a shit using this as a lottery in hopes they can win sell it.

Yeah, people who don't want it could enter to flip it. But it's more fair to have it be random than have a bunch of flipping hawks buy up 20, 50 or more of the 200. This way it's at least fair, and if some flippers get their hands on them then so be it. That's the luck of the draw.

worth a shot, kind of sucks that it's random but they probably wouldn't have come to CT even if they were on tour anyways hahah. Have all of the 7"s but wouldn't mind having them on clear as well. Would be pretty cool to own this, not going to lie. 

I thought the same thing that it sucks that it's random. But that's just because I really want this. It does make sense that its most fair if its random since not everyone can be available when a preorder goes up, especially internationally. Plus there are online store issues like crashing and adding 100 to your cart to fuck things up for everyone else. I reblogged TA's tumblr post about it immediately with my thoughts on how it was lame that it was random and should be first come first serve, and they sent me an ask saying this:

Chosen at random because dick heads like to crash websites or fill their cart with 100 items so it says "sold out" to ruin it for everyone. So this is a way that people all over the world can have a fair chance. If we posted it at 1pm PacificTIme.. thats not an easy time to be awake to order if you're in Australia or Germany. Also, we can lurk the buyers to make sure the arent going to flip it :)

I think they make fair points, so I'm okay with it.

I don't really want this...but it is interesting the way they are choosing the orders. I'm not sure if I hate it or like it. I'm leaning more towards the dislike. Mainly because it seems like it will still result in the exact same outcome for the most part. People will still get it that don't want it and flip it for more money. It's a crazy way to create more work for yourself while knowing it will more than likely result in the exact same thing as if it had just went up online. That's just my opinion though - if you like it cool. I hope mostly people who really want it get it :)

I don't mind the idea of the lottery, mainly because it's less frustrating to me than hitting refresh constantly and dealing with slow web stores.

It could also be that I have all the releases in the set and won't lose any sleep over not being picked.  My feelings might be a little different if it was something else.