Hot topic buy one get one a dollar

i for one am STOKED for the beginning of the kevin kolb era

sigh.

Sorry to continue to derail this thread, but just couldn't pass this up... Kolb = injury prone.  There is now no arguing this fact: http://news.yahoo.com/kolb-hurts-knee-off-field-slip-camp-131612901.html

Guest user420

it's super cute that he thinks saying something like that would bother any of us fans of pro sports in buffalo.

Super cute, who? He's an honest Buffalo Sabres fan what's cute about that? I'm an honest hockey fan as well. I saw his avatar and asked his opinion. Don't be so quick to assume hostility. geez.

Guest user420

I put 2 records from the original post in my cart. They're on clearance, but the BOGO discount isn't applied?

It was probably just a one or two day event to move some inventory.

Doesn't really have to do with $1 HT records, but I just received an order containing The Starting Line - Bsed on a true story. The record(s) I received were both side C and side D (etching)... Wtf, I want side A and B

I would take them to a local HT or call customer service, they can help you a lot better than the board!

Which is why I didn't get that the in store manager was adamant about it not applying to vinyl. I mean some of those records are just going to sit and take space otherwise. Whatever.

A lot of stores don't even mark their vinyl markdowns for whatever weird reason. So they'll just sit there forever and no one will buy them, because, you know, they got marked down for a reason. Stuff will get as low as $1.50

So anytime I go to another store besides mine I can pretty much guess what's on sale. I got 5 records for $12 one time.

During this last Hot Cash promotion I popped into a HT to get the new Defeater album which wasn't in stock. The girl behind the counter offered to see if it were in stock at a nearby store but then said the promo wouldn't allow her to check. Seemed very odd.

Yeah that shouldn't be the case. I don't know if she was new or just misspoke or something, but the promo doesn't affect searching inventory. If you don't have it yet I can see if a store close to you has it tomorrow. PM me yo.

Yeah that shouldn't be the case. I don't know if she was new or just misspoke or something, but the promo doesn't affect searching inventory. If you don't have it yet I can see if a store close to you has it tomorrow. PM me yo.

I bought it at Amoeba instead. I appreciate your offer to help though!

During this last Hot Cash promotion I popped into a HT to get the new Defeater album which wasn't in stock. The girl behind the counter offered to see if it were in stock at a nearby store but then said the promo wouldn't allow her to check. Seemed very odd.

Which is why I didn't get that the in store manager was adamant about it not applying to vinyl. I mean some of those records are just going to sit and take space otherwise. Whatever.

Hot Topic really just need to be more clear about what, why, and how they are doing things for whatever reason they have. It's just confusing. VC users can kind of catch on. I know VC users are baffled half the time and I imagine the average cusomer is baffled by how they run their business when it pretains to their record selection and why promotions work and then stop suddenly or whole sections get deleted. I'd say that's why some people are just getting fed up and heading to other places to buy their records. Or you see more of the "hot topic bashing" going on. I always try and give them a third or fourth chance that maybe the company will get it together and become a little more transparent with things.

I know you walk into most stores and they seem like they are hurting for sales so bad they'd ship half your products three times around the country (speaking in terms of the U.S.) for free just to get you to buy it haha.