Autographed records?

I've been working on getting my copy of demon days signed by all the voice actors from the gorillaz g bites, so far I've got remi kabaka (Russell) and haruka Kuroda (noodle). They were really cool and let me ship it over to them to have it signed. Currently talking to Phil cornwell (murdoc) about getting the murdoc square signed but I CANT find Nelson de freitas (2d) on social media anywhere :/

• 2 weeks later...

This thread just makes me think that I still don't understand why people frame records.

I mean, I sorta kinda get it, and you can do whatever you want with your stuff, but... I just don't really understand, don't think I ever will.

If you had some giant ass print of the artwork, that's one thing. Removing the record and having a special place for that too, no. What. No.

I have an Off! EP signed by Keith and a Bright Eyes album signed by the main three dudes \m/

Meeting Keith was such a high school boy moment and he didn't care much....because he is tr00 pvnx!

Not gonna lie id be the same way. He's one of the pioneers of hardcore punk. I'd totally geek out

Neutral Milk Hotel played in Sydney last night and I decided to head down to the venue early to check out the area. Turns out I arrived just as they were soundchecking, so I found a spot in the shade and listened from outside the back of the venue. It was great to hear them run through a few songs in this weird suburban alley and then they came out individually afterwards and stopped to speak to me and sign my copy of Aeroplane (which I'd brought along hoping to get signed AFTER the show) which was unbelievable.  

null_zpsbe50cb51.jpg

Not so much on my part, but those I remember having :

jason stollsteimer signed my "We are Kamikazes" EP

Got my "Kung fu" Cd signed by almost every member of Ash (except the bass player) a while ago.

the Hives signed my "Main Offender" Ep in London back in 2001... Time flies !!

Bought already signed :

a Rare Earth record in a flea market, seems to have been signed by all members

Always the same by Neils Children signed by the band

In it for the kill picture disk by La Roux

I just got Kezia by Protest the hero signed at a show a week or so ago signed by rody, tim, luke, and their new drummer (dear god i cant remember his name DX ). Arif wasn't playing that night because he's doing a musical theater thing, but i'm planning on getting him to sign it soon at a show in buffalo. 

My signed record wall. (Toe isn't signed, I just really like it and have 2 copies.

cJv0m63l.jpg

I'm trying to find more double frames because Michael's stopped selling them.

Need to find frames for

Defeater - Empty Days & Sleepless Nights

Octaves - Greener Pastures

does anyone know where to find these? id love to frame my signed ones in these,

that is nice but expensive

Neutral Milk Hotel played in Sydney last night and I decided to head down to the venue early to check out the area. Turns out I arrived just as they were soundchecking, so I found a spot in the shade and listened from outside the back of the venue. It was great to hear them run through a few songs in this weird suburban alley and then they came out individually afterwards and stopped to speak to me and sign my copy of Aeroplane (which I'd brought along hoping to get signed AFTER the show) which was unbelievable.

null_zpsbe50cb51.jpg

I wonder if they ever get people trying to get On Avery Island signed. Probably not.

I wonder if they ever get people trying to get On Avery Island signed. Probably not.

Besides Jeff Mangum, the band members that contributed to Aeroplane had nothing to do with "On Avery Island". So as much as I love the record it wouldn't have meant as much to have it signed by the full band. 

Between Neutral Milk Hotel, Arcade Fire and Mikal Cronin I've managed to meet my top 3 bands/artists on the Merge roster within the past month:

2b082e7e-71ce-4477-9e10-e2411f5e484d_zps