Guest deathbydrums

Guest deathbydrums

title_skm.gif
Release Date: January 14, 2014
(Caldo Verde Records) 

Recorded between March and August 2013, Mark Kozelek sings about his childhood years
and his life today. Mark is joined by guest musicians Steve Shelley, Jen Wood, Will Oldham and Owen Ashworth. Album title and song titles to be announced in December.

I don't have much hope that we'll ever see Perils on vinyl. There were supposed to be a SMK ep, a black vinyl version of Among the Leaves, and an Eluvium ep released by Vinyl Film records back in January/Feb which never happened. And they must have somehow been affiliated with Aural Exploits who seemed to take pride in ripping people off and are now thankfully out of business. really i'm not holding my breath for any more CV releases to be available on vinyl. Hope I'm wrong though.

I still need to just give in and buy Ghosts on vinyl.

I don't have much hope that we'll ever see Perils on vinyl. There were supposed to be a SMK ep, a black vinyl version of Among the Leaves, and an Eluvium ep released by Vinyl Film records back in January/Feb which never happened. And they must have somehow been affiliated with Aural Exploits who seemed to take pride in ripping people off and are now thankfully out of business. really i'm not holding my breath for any more CV releases to be available on vinyl. Hope I'm wrong though.

Don't forget that Jesu album, which thankfully Robotic Empire is releasing sometime soon.  I hope you're wrong too, but I am just as sceptical.  The fact that Perils had a release month gave me hope, the fact that it was three months ago with no further news took away that hope.  I wish Caldo Verde would just license their titles to a (very) reputable label for vinyl pressings.

Guest deathbydrums

Yeah, Perils is way late just like many of their scheduled releases. In Kozelek's defense, I think he was pretty busy between March and August... recording this album!!!

I really wish that Eluvium EP happened. I was looking forward to that for a few months.

I agree with, licensing his stuff out to another label! CV is too small to handle more than a CD here or there and a vinyl once a year....Vinyl Films I guess was that OTHER...but they too are super small too! 

Just sad as there is a lot of MK SKM Desertshore material that could be pressed! A box set compliing highlights from all the recent live CDs is something ive been wishing for for a few years now! 

The last MK record I really loved... Fortunately I was able to grab this on wax for a song. (Seriously, it's ridiculous how little I paid for it.) Can't imagine giving it up.

I wish someone would do nice represses of all the old RHP records. I can't justify $150+ for Ocean Beach.

The last MK record I really loved... Fortunately I was able to grab this on wax for a song. (Seriously, it's ridiculous how little I paid for it.) Can't imagine giving it up.

I wish someone would do nice represses of all the old RHP records. I can't justify $150+ for Ocean Beach.

It seems like the RHP back catalog is just asking to be repressed. I've been holding out hoping to find Ghosts somewhere for cheap like i did with my 2 different color versions of April (i think they were both under $25).