Now: HARKONEN / THESE ARMS ARE SNAKES Split 12" EP

jhulud

This will go live on the site tonight at 12:01am PST (because I live on the best coast)

Also, I would LOOOOOVE to do some represses of their other stuff - I wonder if I could sweet talk my way into it (and how I would do the artwork...)

I would back this, help fund it, pack the records, etc. I think second nature holds them pretty tight, though. If you could swing it, the world would be a better place.

Were you ever into curlupanddie? I think you'd be the best person to press their 2 EPS as a 2x10" and really knock the already awesome art out of the park.

Seen TAAS twice. Once in Haarlem (Holland) on Easter Sunday. It was after the "Easter" LP. That was the craziest show I've ever seen (well maybe Cursed was on the same level). Second time in Berlin (Germany) on "Tail..." tour. It was much more mature but still perfect.

And regarding the dream I hate to spoil the fun but last time I talked with Brian he told me there is no chance for reunion. And he was very serious about it.

Seen TAAS twice. Once in Haarlem (Holland) on Easter Sunday. It was after the "Easter" LP. That was the craziest show I've ever seen (well maybe Cursed was on the same level). Second time in Berlin (Germany) on "Tail..." tour. It was much more mature but still perfect.

And regarding the dream I hate to spoil the fun but last time I talked with Brian he told me there is no chance for reunion. And he was very serious about it.

I know in an interview done in '14, he was asked about a reunion and he didn't completely rule it out, although it didn't sound like anything was planned

from a recent interview with brian...

You know I have to ask. When is the Botch reunion?  

Seems to be the ongoing question. I have always said "never," but I have now been instructed by the other dudes in the band to stop saying that. It's funny because as opposed to These Arms are Snakes, Botch felt like total closure; we had our final run and it was a thing that we made a conscious decision to push. The other guys in the band felt like it ended too soon, which could be the case, I don't know.  

Regardless, I won't say never anymore.

I heard it was because the fans of the bands they were touring with never really "got" them and they werent gaining much of a fan base. I could be totally wrong/missing part of the story but I think I remember reading an article about it.

I saw TAAS 8 times... other than when they were opening for a bigger band, they usually had about 25 people watching them.

They were never "big".

I think that TAAS are one of those bands whose impact wasn't really felt until after they broke up. They don't yet have a "cult" following, but it seems to grow more and more posthumously for them.

As a side note: less than 20 left of the milky white and the black isn't far behind it. Those two colors won't make it to next weekend.