Now: HARKONEN / THESE ARMS ARE SNAKES Split 12" EP

jhulud

Ordered a clear w/pink smoke because I thought it looked the best of the options available. 

I saw These Arms Are Snakes three or four times, they were great every time. I saw Harkonen once and I think they are a criminally underrated band. I urge everyone to check out their album, Shake Harder Boy, as it is one of the best things Hydrahead ever released.

I was lucky enough to see TAAS 4 times in Denver. My old band opened for them twice, once at the Marquis Theatre and once at 3 Kings Tavern. Steve is definitely one of the coolest dudes I have had the pleasure of meeting through music. He encouraged me to start a label while we smoked a cigarette in the backroom of 3 Kings. He also broke a beer bottle on stage and started cutting his chest with it. It was cool.

Years later, I look back and realize I never ended up starting a label. Kudos to me.

Ordered a clear w/pink smoke because I thought it looked the best of the options available. 

I saw These Arms Are Snakes three or four times, they were great every time. I saw Harkonen once and I think they are a criminally underrated band. I urge everyone to check out their album, Shake Harder Boy, as it is one of the best things Hydrahead ever released.

And it is one of the best album names of all time.

• 3 weeks later...

I am in the process of hand delivering every copy.

Jk but could you imagine? The epitome of boutique.

Just this last year, I hand-delivered an order on Black Friday 6 hours after it was ordered. I like to think I set some kind of record - not even Amazon can deliver THAT fast!

In other news, these have started shipping and I have roughly the first 100 records ordered out of the door. I'm packing them in the order that they were ordered and - full disclosure - I am also still assembling as I go. Once I'm all caught up on mailing these, I'll give you a fun tour of how this release happened. It's quite the journey! Haha

Just this last year, I hand-delivered an order on Black Friday 6 hours after it was ordered. I like to think I set some kind of record - not even Amazon can deliver THAT fast!

In other news, these have started shipping and I have roughly the first 100 records ordered out of the door. I'm packing them in the order that they were ordered and - full disclosure - I am also still assembling as I go. Once I'm all caught up on mailing these, I'll give you a fun tour of how this release happened. It's quite the journey! Haha

Isn't Amazon in the process of developing drone delivery though? Obviously you need to personally fly a drone to everyone's house.

In all seriousness I hope to some day have records delivered to me via drone like I'm the god damn President or some shit.

Isn't Amazon in the process of developing drone delivery though? Obviously you need to personally fly a drone to everyone's house.

In all seriousness I hope to some day have records delivered to me via drone like I'm the god damn President or some shit.

They are "in the process" but I already did that shit. Immediate delivery is SO 2014...

They do same day delivery in some cities.  It's pretty rad ordering something in the morning and having it on your step by the time you get home from work.

Stooooooooked!

Surely one of you nerds has gotten their copies by now. I've spent the last week at the post office. They're making me pay rent because I've been there so often!!

Literally opened mine up < 10 minutes ago.

Absolutely hit it out of the park with this release, Austin.  Very well done.  My record legitimately feels like it's 180 gram; it's thick and beautiful.  The screen printing turned out incredibly well.  I really like the style of the inner cardboard sleeve, but my LP doesn't want to slip into it.  It's basically a glorified insert at this point.  [speaking of which, the actual insert looks fantastic, too.]  Can't wait to give it a whirl.