Stoner/ Doom Metal Discussion Thread

Alright, you dudes need to check this out

https://saturninewitches.bandcamp.com/album/mors-vocat

This was good but nothing that really blew me away. Will listen to it another time. Probably will grow on me.

http://soundcloud.com/southerncrosspr/sets/dreadnought-bridging-realms

mixing doom, folk, black metal and probably more. great stuff

My best description for this band is "meh".

If this band ever releases anything physical, I'm definitely buying.

Throneless

https://thronelessdoom.bandcamp.com/

I thought the drop was last week. I do want it, but the $30 tag says no. Even the black is $20. Then you have a band that can release a colored record with an intricate sleeve design and sell it for only $12 - http://boards.vinylcollective.com/topic/114532-have-an-appreciation-for-unique-packaging-check-our-new-lp-out/  They're a hardcore band. I'm just wondering why, once again, do all of the stoner doom records cost so much? Are we the problem because we're buying them?

I hear ya. 30$ for a single LP is absolutely unreasonable. But STB has been doing it the last 10 or more releases and selling out consistently. No wonder other labels are latching onto it.

I hate myself for it but I'm kind of leaning towards I'll probably dish out the money anyway.

It's a great record and am getting more into it as I've listened. Very much digging this, one of the better psychy/stoner records of the year, along with Sacri Monti. And that's an insanely good looking vinyl.

I hear ya. 30$ for a single LP is absolutely unreasonable. But STB has been doing it the last 10 or more releases and selling out consistently. No wonder other labels are latching onto it.

I hate myself for it but I'm kind of leaning towards I'll probably dish out the money anyway.

It's a great record and am getting more into it as I've listened. Very much digging this, one of the better psychy/stoner records of the year, along with Sacri Monti. And that's an insanely good looking vinyl.

I may just be misremembering, but aren't STB releases usually closer to $21 + shipping for the "not so standard"?

Pulled the trigger on Sweat Lodge. I'm an idiot.

I may just be misremembering, but aren't STB releases usually closer to $21 + shipping for the "not so standard"?

Yeah, I guess I had the die-hards in mind mostly but they do come with a slew of other cool stuff so it's totally justified. This single LP sure isn't. :huh:

Pulled the trigger on Sweat Lodge. I'm an idiot.

Yeah, I guess I had the die-hards in mind mostly but they do come with a slew of other cool stuff so it's totally justified. This single LP sure isn't. :huh:

I'm just an unapologetic STB fanboy, so I'll always try to defend Steve if it's remotely reasonable to do so.

I totally understand. I'd be picking up most all STB releases as well if it weren't so expensive to do so this side of the ocean.

What I was getting at was the boutique store mentality that STB fully endorses. We all know it's awesome to receive that limited variant, knowing you're part of a rare club. Steve knows it too but we're the bigger part of the problem, defo. (not meaning just STB here, just an example).

What did STB stand for again? Smoke that bowl?

I'm just an unapologetic STB fanboy, so I'll always try to defend Steve if it's remotely reasonable to do so.

I still like STB a lot and will continue to buy non-split full lp releases from them as long as the price is reasonable. For me, Magnetic Eye Records has vaulted over all of the labels doing the stoner doom thing. Reasons why: 1. Prices are fair, especially considering they are always having sales. 2. Interesting vinyl color options without all of the die hard/bundle hoopla. 3. Customer service has always been good. 4. Most importantly, they have some great bands on their roster.

I still like STB a lot and will continue to buy non-split full lp releases from them as long as the price is reasonable. For me, Magnetic Eye Records has vaulted over all of the labels doing the stoner doom thing. Reasons why: 1. Prices are fair, especially considering they are always having sales. 2. Interesting vinyl color options without all of the die hard/bundle hoopla. 3. Customer service has always been good. 4. Most importantly, they have some great bands on their roster.

Right here with you on this. And it doesn't hurt that the dude who runs it is a stand-up guy.

For anyone interested - Acoustic Wizard is done. Last patches and what-nots up for grabs. When they're gone, they're gone.

http://acousticwizard.bigcartel.com/

This in regards to a release in this realm so im gonna post it here. I love when shipping labels are created and then the item actually leaves many many days later. I got a packaging notice for the geezer split from ripple friday and as of today still just "label created"

I never really expect my record to ship on the day a label is created. I got used to that when ordering from Deathwish. I think for initial preorder fulfillment labels are trying to get as many ready as possible before hauling it all to the PO. Still a bummer though.

Yeah i dont expext that day but maybe a day or two. You would assume they printed the label and put it on a box so put said item in box and take to post office. If i ran a label i wouldnt want to take like hundreds of packages to post office all at once but do waves of them. I would assume to the post office employees would hate me if i did all at once.

For those that ordered the Saturndust record from Helmet Lady Records, has there been an update posted anywhere concerning when these will be shipped? I have no problem with a record being delayed. It's kind of expected these days but it's going on 5 months now and not a word about the status of the record. Poor customer service if you ask me.

I've gotten no update with the Saturndust lp...they showed the same awesome customer service skills on the Hawkeyes release. I had to email them 3 times to get an update.

I think I'm done with them, between that and the fact they now are charging $30 for a single lp (see the new Sheppard).

Same...but I've gotten emails from them promoting sales and humping other new releases...

I've gotten those emails as well. A little update would have been nice but I guess it's too much trouble on their part.

Thanks for the Saturndust reminder. I just emailed them and got a quick reply that they are hoping to have an update soon...and the pressing plant is killing them with this.

Same...but I've gotten emails from them promoting sales and humping other new releases...

Conan is now doing preorders for t-shirts. I ordered one a month ago and haven't got it yet. Still isn't stopping them from doing another preorder for more shirts. Send out everyone's shit that they already paid for and then do another PO! Fuckin' PO shit is pissing me off. I think I need some breakfast.