The Beer Thread

That's a pretty cool tutorial.  Still interested in seeing how much it would be to ship that via UPS/FedEx.  If USPS does start allowing Alcohol I wonder if you could use the Flat Rate boxes...that would be kind of nice.

Whenever my drinking buddies or I go out of town, we always bring back stuff from the area we visit. Then we meet up and share it.

There is so much that is readily available where everyone lives that is blows my mind when I realize the same goes for everywhere else.

For example, I could make one trip to my local bottle shop and almost guarantee I can get something from, off the top of my head:

Knee Deep

Track 7

Lagunitas

Ninkasi

Rubicon

Dust Bowl

Green Flash

All relatively local and easy to get. I assume these don't make it that far from the West Coast, but I may be wrong.

Whenever my drinking buddies or I go out of town, we always bring back stuff from the area we visit. Then we meet up and share it.

There is so much that is readily available where everyone lives that is blows my mind when I realize the same goes for everywhere else.

For example, I could make one trip to my local bottle shop and almost guarantee I can get something from, off the top of my head:

Knee Deep

Track 7

Lagunitas

Ninkasi

Rubicon

Dust Bowl

Green Flash

All relatively local and easy to get. I assume these don't make it that far from the West Coast, but I may be wrong.

Lagunitas and Green Flash are pretty widely distributed, but the rest are definitely more local.

Side note: The Ninkasi Sleigh'r is awesome =D

Love it. I've been on a big Ninkasi kick for awhile now. Bummed that the 12 bottle multi packs are switching over to the Pilsner as the seasonal issue changes. 

Check out Dawn of the Red and Maiden the Shade if you haven't already. I know they got limited releases and might not be available outside of the Northwest, but both are excellent. Actually, everything i've had from Ninkasi has been great. 2013 ReNEWale was pretty delicious as well. 

I really need to make a weekend trip down there. It's only a five hour drive. 

Lagunitas and Green Flash are pretty widely distributed, but the rest are definitely more local.

Good to know. I'll leave those out if we all start trading.

Just had Dawn of the Red last week. Maiden the Shade and Sleigh'r have both been drank also. Ninkasi makes some great brews. I was stoked when they started distributing outside of Oregon.

I was actually at their release party in Sacramento. Capitol Beer and Taproom. The owner, gave me the banner.

Edit: I found a picture in my phone...

2012-12-2820152852_zpsurma0sih.jpg

Good to know. I'll leave those out if we all start trading.

Just had Dawn of the Red last week. Maiden the Shade and Sleigh'r have both been drank also. Ninkasi makes some great brews. I was stoked when they started distributing outside of Oregon.

I was actually at their release party in Sacramento. Capitol Beer and Taproom. The owner, gave me the banner.

Edit: I found a picture in my phone...

2012-12-2820152852_zpsurma0sih.jpg

Awesome. I'd love to hang one of those up in the living room bar hah.

For anybody in Orange County and free next Tuesday:

My friend Daniella's bakery Ellatini Cakes is pairing up with Stone Brewery for a pairing event at Bread & Barley in Covina.

Tickets are $18. You'll get a flight of 4 Stone Brewery Beers and 4 cupcakes from Ellatini using those same beers in their recipes.

February 11th @ 7:00PM.

my wife and I are going after work, so i'll try that angle. there was a waitlist, so it may be all claimed. i'll let you know though!

I tried this angle with Dogfish 120 minute. The clerk called his boss for permission, but we were still shut down for more than 1 bottle. Crazy.

That's pretty sweet your local shop called you, though.