The Beer Thread

My last experience with SR was an accident. I thought I was grabbing an Arizona tea tall boy from the fridge, but I grabbed my brothers open can of Steel Reserve and started chugging. It didn't help that we had no electricity at the time so I couldn't see, and it was luke warm.

It immediately went from my mouth to the kitchen floor. No concern for cleanliness or hygiene. I just need that shit to evacuate my mouth stat.

Spent the day at a new-ish brewery here in GA called Burnt Hickory. It was incredible. They only open for tastings once a month but it was well worth the wait. Watch for them as an up and coming brewery out of GA. Lots of delicious beers my fave being the imperial ipa.

In other news, my imperial black ipa is about to get racked into secondary. I'm dry hopping with some Nelson Sauvin and adding 4oz of cold brewed coffee. This beast is gonna clock in at 12-13% when all is said and done so I'm pretty pumped.

Has anyone had Founder's All Day IPA? It literally smells like weed. 

Edit: Some beat me to this epiphany apparently. Nonetheless, try this IPA!

I've had it and thought it was delicious.

I have a lot of stuff coming up that I'm excited about.  Bottled a session pale ale last week, bottling a hopped up saison this week.  Brewed a porter last week, doing a California common this week.

I still haven't had that.  I'm going to have to keep an eye out for it next time I'm at the store.  The only stout I've really aged is Deschutes - The Abyss, it's like a delicious thick syrup after a few years.

dude -- seriously such a wonderful stout. its come and gone though, so it will be hard to find at this point as most of it has been snatched up, but if youre up for the challenge and dont want to wait for next year... haha. 

dude -- seriously such a wonderful stout. its come and gone though, so it will be hard to find at this point as most of it has been snatched up, but if youre up for the challenge and dont want to wait for next year... haha. 

Ah damn!  I don't buy as much beer as I used too since I upped my brewing, so I miss a lot more than I used to.  I have a friend who is the beer buyer at a local grocery store and he sets aside a lot of stuff, so I'm going to hit him up and see if he happens to have one stashed.  If not, I know what to look for next year!

You aren't really, at least not if you want an IPA, most don't age particularly well. Some of the higher ABV stuff you can set aside and let the alcohol bite mellow. The hops will drop off and you'll get a much sweeter, maltier final product, which floats some folks boats. 

I've never actually aged one, does something like the 120 turn into a more Barleywine type product? 

You aren't really, at least not if you want an IPA, most don't age particularly well. Some of the higher ABV stuff you can set aside and let the alcohol bite mellow. The hops will drop off and you'll get a much sweeter, maltier final product, which floats some folks boats.

I've never actually aged one, does something like the 120 turn into a more Barleywine type product?

In my opinion 120 already IS a barley wine haha.

Right now I've got a vertical of both 120 and World Wide from 2007-2013 so I can do a huge Heaven & Hell tasting. Wanna start with a 2007 120 and blend with a 2013 World Wide, then 2008 120 and 2012 World Wide, etc etc etc

In my opinion 120 already IS a barley wine haha.

Right now I've got a vertical of both 120 and World Wide from 2007-2013 so I can do a huge Heaven & Hell tasting. Wanna start with a 2007 120 and blend with a 2013 World Wide, then 2008 120 and 2012 World Wide, etc etc etc

I had a Heaven & Hell at the Seattle International Beer fest four years ago, it was excellent.  It was an hour+ wait in line, but it was well worth it.

Bumping this thread for some input, after a recent visit to a sushi spot....I've rekindled my love for Ginger. In turns I was wondering what input you guys would have it I happened to home-brew type of Ginger IPA beer? (I use to home-brew a couple years ago and name all of them after Hipster-esque things :P)

Does it sound nasty, or strangely tasty to try?