The PopMarket 10% off code is back in play!

• 3 months later...

Anyone know of a working code? Trying to pick up the Pearl Jam bundle they have up today.

Sadly not that I know of.  I think before when they had a consistent code it was more to drive people to the site and keep them checking it out.  They probably have enough eyeballs going to the site now days that they probably feel they dont need to have a 10% code unless its a sale

I would be very very careful with any billing with popmarket if you are a non US resident. They advertised their prices in NZD then charged me in US Dollars! Then said it was my fault! ahah only took 6 emails to get them to sort it out, admit they were wrong and give me my refund. Actually in hindsight they never admitted they were wrong, but did refund my money! Johnsons! At any rate beware if your paying via one of their international sites eg NZ, Aus, etc

Just an FYI guys: anytime I've used a discount code on this site while it may have worked on initial checkout, they did not appear to go thru by the time it showed up on my billing statement. This was 3 times over the past few months with 2 different codes. I tried to contact them but did not succeed. Oh well, still good deals to be had without additional discounts

I had a similar experience with my first purchase. The price in the confirmation e-mail and on my order history reflected the price with discount, but my card was charged for the full amount. I was lucky enough to get a hold of customer service and get a refund issued.I just place an order with them so I am curious to see if I run into the same issue.

• 1 month later...

I don't think I ever want to order from popmarket/myplay/sony ever again after I got my first aid kit preorder like this. I've been back and fourth with them on email for 3 weeks. It takes them 4 days to answer each email and finally they said they'd send me out a replacement. Then an automated email saying the item I ordered "is discontinued". fuck them. worst customer service ever.

BrKWuNACQAAtmCv.jpg

• 1 year later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Hey so I just ordered for the first time from pop market.the item says 'in stock' but immediately after ordering the status says 'temporarily Backordered'. I already emailed them but am wondering...is this common, should I be concerned it won't be fulfilled? It's an xmas gift so there's still a couple weeks left but am wondering is waiting going to be futile in these instances? Thx

• 1 month later...
  • 1 year later...
10 minutes ago, apirk said:

so has anyone heard anything or received anything from popmarket recently?  Have had three preorders that have been released and have heard anything about any possible shipping or replies to my emails.

That's a bold question.

HAAAAAAAAA.

33 minutes ago, apirk said:

so has anyone heard anything or received anything from popmarket recently?  Have had three preorders that have been released and have heard anything about any possible shipping or replies to my emails.

They told me they "might" start shipping in "the next few weeks." It was not at al convincing. She told me I could have my purchases refunded, so I wen that route. They are quick with refunds at least. 

I mentioned my experience before.  I ordered 4 Nightwish albums recently at $9.99/each on one of the Popmarket sales.  They promptly shipped 3, but all 4 were shown on the packing slip, and my order online read fulfilled.

Popmarket did not respond to two emails.  I visited their Facebook page and learned that others were having similar experiences.

I filed a claim through American Express to recover the $9.99 I was out.  Several days after my claim I received an appropriate refund and a short email from Popmarket.   It wasn't really an apology, it was more of a short 'here is your money back, thankyouverymuch'.

Listen, I have a particular philosophical problem with this business model: it is at least 10 years old, maybe 15 years old.  When my order arrived from a Kentucky fulfillment center I realized that, in all likelihood, Popmarket is simply marketing the inventory of a larger wholesaler, not marketing their own inventory or expertise.   There was an excellent post on this topic in another thread several days ago.    This business model for media came and went 10 years ago.  Nowadays, as we've all seen, the wholesalers and one-stops routinely make their own retail sales on all the same popular websites.  Popmarket and their handful of employees hopes (hoped?) to provide some sort of unique content and draw customers to them, but perhaps it isn't happening quickly enough to be profitable.

IMO, the dollars you might save is not worth the potential for aggravation later, and Popmarket does not offer any unique products.   Everything on their site was available elsewhere at similar prices.