Against Me! - Transgender Dysphoria Blues - Jan. 21st

Hormone therapy doesn't change someone's voice, she is just singing the new songs differently. When I saw them live I could hear the difference between the way she sang the older songs and these new ones.

That's true.  She discusses the treatment not affecting her voice in this : http://www.cosmopolitan.com/celebrity/exclusive/laura-jane-grace-first-year-as-a-woman-confession

Glad someone besides me jumped in with the explanation about the voice not being affected. That's all about training your voice to exist in a higher range. And speaking from personal experience, it is difficult. (Especially in the morning.)

I actually came out as trans to one of my managers by playing the true trans ep while taking him home.

"She's still singing like a dude, though..."

"Well, speaking from personal experience, it's really hard to sing in a higher register because the hormones don't affect it and training the voice is really hard, especially when you've been screaming and yelling and growling in a band for over a decade."

"Wait, what?"