PO: Mark Lanegan - Has God Seen My Shadow? An Anthology 1989-2011

Pretty sure you have to click on yellow vinyl to actually get that color. I'm assuming the yellow vinyl option will go away once they sell 150 of them.

That is what I assumed but I got confused by the "First 150 preorder" comment. Makes more sense of them to just say that there is a limited to 150 yellow variant available. Had ordered a yellow anyway as $41 shipped for something like this is great. Sorry if sucks for everyone overseas though.

That is what I assumed but I got confused by the "First 150 preorder" comment. Makes more sense of them to just say that there is a limited to 150 yellow variant available. Had ordered a yellow anyway as $41 shipped for something like this is great. Sorry if sucks for everyone overseas though.

Yeah, it wasn't worded very well by the label. Don't feel too bad for the overseas folks, Mark tours there more often than the US and offers more limited items over there during his live shows that we can't get a hold of stateside :)

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Couldn't be happier with how this turned out. The packaging is great and includes quality photos of Mark and handwritten lyrics. The vinyl color is more of a marbled yellow for those curious (I can post some pics but they won't be good ones). The unreleased tracks are good with the standouts for me being "Leaving New River Blues" and "Big White Cloud". Hearing "Blues for D" with vocals is quite a trip as well. 

Couldn't be happier with how this turned out. The packaging is great and includes quality photos of Mark and handwritten lyrics. The vinyl color is more of a marbled yellow for those curious (I can post some pics but they won't be good ones). The unreleased tracks are good with the standouts for me being "Leaving New River Blues" and "Big White Cloud". Hearing "Blues for D" with vocals is quite a trip as well.

Glad to hear this. Can't wait for mine to show up.

I have to hand it to LITA on this one.  Packaging is fantastic and price is great.

Can't believe they are selling this direct for $30. 3 LPs, fancy box, high quality sleeve and full color booklet.

Got mine and it looks beautiful. Looking forward to diving into it tonight. Yeah, the fact that this is only $30 is pretty damn amazing these days.

• 4 weeks later...

Has anyone else had a warped disc 2 with this set ?

I finally picked up my copy of this a few days ago.  Nice package etc... Was gutted to find that disc 2 is rather warped.  

Now, I'm used to warped discs that play ok,  probably 1 in 5 new releases I buy are warped to some degree,  but as long as they play OK then I can live with it.  But this is a Mark Lanegan album dammit !  I cannot let this one slide as he's my favorite artist!

I have 3 other albums from LITA, and they are of the highest quality,  so I was really quite surprised to find a poor quality disc here.

Have been in touch with the store I bought it from, who are really helpful.  But they only have one more copy, which is also 'a tiny bit warped'.   Also, they cannot seem to get any more copies.   

It's annoying because it costs like £10 in petrol/parking every time I visit the store.    I'm starting to think I should just ask nicely for my money back and try ordering it online somewhere.... 

Rant over....  basically I just wanted to know if anyone else has had any warping issues?

The only other idea I've had is maybe to try and email LITA directly, and ask nicely if they'd send me (or my store) a new disc 2 to swap.   Thoughts?

• 7 months later...