PO: Ty Segall "Gemini" Mailorder Only, One Week Only While Supplies Last!

Lucky you ! And thanks for sharing.

So I guess you heard the news on monday..

Yea man, Monday around 3:30pm which felt weird. I mean most people would either A. be at work still. B. on the east coast people would be leaving or going to work. It was just an awkward time, just was extremely lucky I was working at night.

That email from Drag City was pretty cryptic and seemed out of character for them. Maybe that's the reason i bought it right away because i wasn't really sure what was happening and didn't wanna miss out. that being said, sorry to those who didn't get it, i think drag city had every intention of having the preorder up for a week and then 5 hrs later.. poof, gone. Ty Segall is definitely on fire this year. Twins, Sleeper, Gemini and Fuzz LPs, and then there's all the 7"s. 

I'm pretty sure that somewhere on that page it said that a few local shops will have some copies. Being that Drag City is based in Chicago and I'm right outside the town, I have a pretty good idea where I could possibly pick one up if I become so inclined.

Ill be in Chicago this weekend.

maybe I can find one at Reckless or Permanent, if they're out already.

I check SlyVinyl several times a day, which is where I heard about this one. Also where I heard about the Head & Heart /100 variant.

SlyVinyl seems to really help bands get the word out. I posted a week or two ago about a Guantanamo Baywatch/Natural Child split on Suicide Squeeze here, no replies. It goes up on SlyVinyl 3 days ago and within a day the 250 colored copies are gone. Granted they could have already been close to gone, but its definitely a great site to keep an eye on.

I got an email from Drag City (I have purchased Ty albums from them but I am also on the drag city newsletter) on 11/4 around 6:30 PM EST and ordered it within 5 minutes. I never saw anything on the drag city FB page or anything like that but i did see it up on slyvinyl and someone posted three hours after the original slyvinyl post that it was sold out. I checked back on the drag city site later that night and it said "Out of print"

The email says "ultra-limited" and that it would be around for a week OR while supplies last. I don't know how many they had  but people on discogs are saying they heard 4,000. I don't know where they got that number from but i find it hard to believe that 4,000 copies would have sold out within a few hours. 

Maybe they'll repress it... although it's kind of a shrewd business practice to classify something as "ultra limited" just to sell copies and then turn around and print more copies. Why even limit it then besides to try and sell sell sell.

http://www.recordstore.co.uk/recordstore/Coming-Soon/Gemini/2SPD02BN000?back=recordstore%2FComing-Soon%2F

£14.99  pretty expensive for US buyers, but better than it could be in a few months, couldn't find any US stores selling online

release date in UK is Dec. 2nd

250 copies were sent to the uk(i think to rough trade and they were to divvy them up somehow) to be sold in stores. stores now sell shit online so...found it sold out on about 5 other uk sites

http://www.recordstore.co.uk/recordstore/Coming-Soon/Gemini/2SPD02BN000?back=recordstore%2FComing-Soon%2F

£14.99  pretty expensive for US buyers, but better than it could be in a few months, couldn't find any US stores selling online

release date in UK is Dec. 2nd

250 copies were sent to the uk(i think to rough trade and they were to divvy them up somehow) to be sold in stores. stores now sell shit online so...found it sold out on about 5 other uk sites

I bet they cancel shit loads of orders.  I dont think they count inventory, Ive had orders cancelled later.