Oldies.com HUGE clearance

Got my order today. Of all things, I didn't get Mountain Goats. Wonder when they'll start processing refunds. Ended up with:

Om - Live in Jerusalem

Owls

Tortoise - Millions Now Living Will Never Die

Warsaw

Can't complain.

Is your lack of Mountain Goats reflected when you log in and click "Purchase History" and view the itemized breakdown of the order?

Wow. Bummed I missed out on that.

Not to throw salt on the wound, but I decided to check the status on my order and stumbled across the receipt for this.  I was wrong on the ~$17.  It was actually $12.66.  Double LP and a DVD for twelve bucks and change?  If someone swipes that off my porch, there will be hell to pay.

Got my order in today, received:

Matt Pryor - May Day

The Jealous Sound - A Gentle Reminder

Fake Problems - Real Ghosts

Ben Folds Five - Live

Did not receive:

Ben Folds Five - ST

Not a bad haul for $40.  I stupidly once again paid with Paypal though, so I've gotta wait on them to issue me a refund for that Ben Folds Five LP.  Next time this shit happens will someone post in big bold letters not to use paypal?  Or just PM me?  K Thanks, bye!

I got my order today. It must have been dropped since one corner on all of them are bent to shit.

That's Oldies for ya. Both times I've ordered from them all of my jackets were fucked. It's baffling how terrible some of these companies are at securely packing their shipments.

That's Oldies for ya. Both times I've ordered from them all of my jackets were fucked. It's baffling how terrible some of these companies are at securely packing their shipments.

I've ordered from Oldies more than a few times, and this has never happened. Each time my records came shipped like a tank. I would say these are isolated incidents from shipping companies being fucktards.

finally got a shipping notice for my first order today, after my third order arrived on Saturday and my second order arrived yesterday (at the wrong address, natch—they sent it to my billing address, not my shipping address). I managed to get all the records out of those orders, though, which I was pleasantly surprised by. The only one with significant damage was my Three Mile Pilot - The Inevitable Past... 2xLP, that one was pretty bent. Everything else looks good.

10559751_10152154803481401_5408864465605

My order arrived today.. It shipped the day after I ordered so I lucked out.

This came to $38 after shipping/taxes.

Exene Cervenka - 'Somewhere Gone' (2009) and 'The Excitement Of Maybe' (2011).. both on Bloodshot records and limited to 500. Pretty great folk/alt country records.  I'm a huge X fan, so these are the reason I put the order in.

Twisters - S/T (1980) on the original Rhino label.  I had to buy some stuff to get free shipping so I picked this and the next album by artwork and a little research on the internets.  The Twisters are southern California power-pop with a bit of punk rock thrown in, really catchy.  This arrived used and a bit beat up.  The cover has a sawmark too, but the record looks good so it's worth the $5.

The Splatcats - Sin 73 (1986) on Moving Target Records.  Again, I bought this sort of blindly.  This was sealed and sounds great.  Rockabilly/punk rock from NY, but totally sound like a west coast band to me.

Forgetters - S/T (2010) on Too Small To Fail.  I bought this on itunes when it came out and really dig it.  Same goes for the album that followed.  Double 7" to boot!

Gin Blossoms - Found Out About You/Hey Jealousy.. if you didn't buy this for $1.. why not?

Bugville DVD.. for my girlfriend's 7-year old daughter.  She'll dig it.