PO: Bayside - Cult

Also consider $4 of that $10 markup is shipping. And there's ebay fees. And PayPal fees. So, what markup? This is basically at cost. So there's a slight possibility that I might have walked away 17 cents richer at my asking price? Wow.

Yeah, don't you know you're supposed to sell your records at a loss? You eat the shipping, and the fees, because it's for the good of the community. Or some shit like that.

Flipping is buying an album with the intent to turn around and sell it in order to turn a profit. A ~$10 markup on an auction that already has free shipping doesn't seem like someone trying to max out his profit margin.

I mean, it's an autographed, numbered, OOP variant - a true flipper would have put this up at a much higher starting price. Hell, there are currently two other auctions for the clear variant, and they're both asking at least $69.99. That's flipping. 

I know flippers are a problem, and I don't like them anymore than the next guy, but can we chill on throwing it around as an insult/accusation at every person who puts up an auction?

First of all, it's not OOP.  They still have them on the looney tunes website.  Also did they even charge shipping for pick-ups at the in-store?  So yeah putting it up for 15 bucks more than cost isn't really a margin.  And justifying the starting price because there are tons of people/ebay stores who list things at a $65-100 buy it now all the time doesn't justify that as a price point.   

First of all, it's not OOP.  They still have them on the looney tunes website.  Also did they even charge shipping for pick-ups at the in-store?  So yeah putting it up for 15 bucks more than cost isn't really a margin.  And justifying the starting price because there are tons of people/ebay stores who list things at a $65-100 buy it now all the time doesn't justify that as a price point.   

Guess the Looney Tunes site has contradicting information then. http://ltcds.com/bayside-returns-to-looney-tunes-again/

AND THE LOONEY TUNES EXCLUSIVE CLEAR VINYL IS NOW SOLD OUT ALSO!!

Shipping was free if you went to the store to pick it up. He's still going to have to pay USPS to send it out to whoever wins the auction. I'll agree that the fact that he didn't pay shipping to receive the album in the first place increases his profit a little bit. I still don't think $35 is an outrageous starting bid. You seem to dismiss the autograph being worth all that much, because they're easy to obtain at shows - not everyone has the means or lives in the right area to see Bayside on tour. 

I think if you were to ask most Bayside fans whether an autographed record is worth $10-$15 over retail, I have a feeling most would say yes. I already have a copy of the clear vinyl, but I would have easily paid $35 for this without thinking twice (and then I probably would have sold my original copy to try to recoup some of that money, which I guess makes me just as bad as this guy). 

But again, it just doesn't seem to me like this guy bought the record with the clear intention of turning around to sell it for as much as he can get. I guess we just have to agree to disagree on what we see as a fair price.

Maybe it's just me, but it's much cooler getting the autograph on your own than buying something that is already signed.

And for whoever still is interested it is NOT sold out, they have put the remaining copies online and can be purchased here.

http://ltcds.com/limited-quantites-bayside-cult-lp-exclusive-to-looney-tunes/

Maybe it's just me, but it's much cooler getting the autograph on your own than buying something that is already signed.

And for whoever still is interested it is NOT sold out, they have put the remaining copies online and can be purchased here.

http://ltcds.com/limited-quantites-bayside-cult-lp-exclusive-to-looney-tunes/

This is very true. It's been said numerous times that there were none of these left but the store sent out an email basically saying surprise, there actually were a few left, and that was sent out only just the other day... As of the time I listed it there were still "none left"

This is a much better choice for anyone who just wants the clear variant since it's much cheaper now after multiple bids have taken place. I doubt they have many though so I wouldn't sleep on ordering it.

Some people don't care for autographs they haven't obtained, that's understandable. I definitely value the memories of the ones I've been lucky to get myself, but there have been times I've bought autographs in auctions by some of my favorite musicians who I'd otherwise never have the chance to meet. I must have half a dozen things signed by Anthony and the band, I really don't need another. I'm not a hardcore fan, I'm just glad I was able to go to the show. If someone wants the autograph, well, now you guys know where to find it.

Thank you for hearing the voice of reason, I really don't want to give off the wrong impression here or anything like that. I'd like to think I'm a pretty solid guy.

On a very positive, good vibes note: 

I was going to pass on this for a bit because money is tight and I know Bayside albums tend to always be available.

However, a very nice boy at Hot Topic offered me a discount on it yesterday and I couldn't pass it up. 

I'm very excited.

I like nice people.

bayside and taking back Sunday and the used are all signed too hopeless records and have new albums out with in 6 weeks of each other. Over the past couple years it seems bands are starting to release way too many variant colors of records. I was figuring out to myself if it was the record labels or the bands that were making these choices. So I was comparing these three bands since they are all on the same (independent) record label and release new albums so close to each other.

Ah I see. Carry on.

Definitely liking this album. Kicking myself for not getting into them back in the day. Not really sure why. It's weird "discovering" The Walking Wounded years after it came out as a 27-yr-old, but still seeing its merit. Super good stuff.

Also, 013/300. Looks awesome.

Are you me?

First of all, it's not OOP. They still have them on the looney tunes website. Also did they even charge shipping for pick-ups at the in-store? So yeah putting it up for 15 bucks more than cost isn't really a margin. And justifying the starting price because there are tons of people/ebay stores who list things at a $65-100 buy it now all the time doesn't justify that as a price point.

Thanks for the tip! I just picked one up for $17.99!