Like a bunch of other folks here, I have placed a couple of Buddha orders over the past week.  The first one was part of a multiple record order, and the order has already shipped - but without Buddha.  The second order was stand alone, and was placed a couple days ago.  It still shows as "fulfilling" on the site, so I was wondering if it might end up getting canceled, as well.   So, I called HT customer service, hoping to get clarification.  Wow, that was interesting.  I couldn't decide if the customer service rep was high, simply disinterested, or possibly a VC poster "punking" me.  But it was one of the more interesting customer service interactions I've had.  Seemed like he was struggling to stay conscious.

In case anyone is curious, his explanation of the first one being canceled was that it was "out of stock".  I didn't see the point of asking how it could be out of stock, even though I have since ordered another copy and it is also still showing as available on their site.  (And yes, I realize it is some manner of computer/inventory glitch).  Anyway, he then confirmed that the 2nd copy is is being shipped today.  Again, there was no need to ask how they are shipping a record that's out of stock.

I asked if all the orders were canceled for Buddha and this is what I got:

Hot Topic Customer Service

11:42 AM (7 hours ago)

to me

Hey there!

Not yours! Looks like you will be a lucky recipient of this limited to 1,000 pressing of burgundy splatter of Blink 182 - Buddha. Your order has left our warehouse as of 5/27 and is currently in transit. You can see the status of your order on fedex.com/tracking and with this tracking number: *tracking number

So, Travis, could you tell us how the edit on Enema happened? We know it wasn't supposed to.

I believe it has to do with the old tv show/comedy troupe 'The State', which was on MTV. The State was comprised of members who went on to do Reno 911, Viva Variety, Stella, Wet Hot American Summer, and more, but back in the '90's they were a hot commodity as far as sketch shows went, even though they had a short career of only 4 seasons. Even CBS wanted them to be a combatant to SNL on their network at the same time, which never happened and they stayed on MTV. While many thought the show was canceled after 4 seasons, The State simply parted ways with MTV claiming they didn't want to necessarily be stuck to a particular TV network since they were so sick of the politics and fakeness of the industry...which didn't work out and they went their own ways to great success. Either way 'The State looks down on the TV'. Mystery solved :D