Don’t see how your theory is any more valid than mine.

How do they know when it is going to go up on the HT website? How do they know they're going to get that many copies?

I get on the site within the day of releases to get 1 personal press and stuff is increasingly getting sold out by the time I get there. 

There's a connection somewhere. If an employee is openly admitting that they use their discount to flip a record, they probably don't hesitate to hook up a friend or themselves to double their money. Because why would you put yourself on the line and pre-sell 5 copies if you might only get your hands on 3?

Not dispelling your theory, but if they end up a couple copies short they can easily refund the buyer and say it just wasn't available.

Was at Lloyd center ht the other day in Portland OR, bought a copy of MEteora and Rise Against.. Girl checking me out asked if I ever sell the records I buy. I responded with "I collect records, but yes, sometimes I will sell a record down the road". She then went on to tell me these are in high demand, and she sells them after her Ht discount.

Pretty lame that employees are doing this. But nothing I can really do about it. Just hoping they have a "one per employee" limit, otherwise that would be really messed up.

Thats pretty shitty. Time to go Office Space and burn the building down.

It's really easy to get copies at 3am when they go up on the website.  All they have to do is know when it's going up and be online.  You're making it sound like they have to play plinko to get a copy.

Blink and Linkin Park were easy drops, Circa Survive might as well have been Plinko.

It's really easy to get copies at 3am when they go up on the website.

Thank you captain obvious. Nobody was disputing this.

All they have to do is know when it's going up and be online.

And that's not easy to find out and that's exactly what I'm talking about. Its strange that even with ALL the vinyl enthusiasts on this site, and with a person who works directly with Hot Topic, that nobody on here seems to know when they're going to go online but this person on eBay who's doubling up does.

And that's not easy to find out and that's exactly what I'm talking about. Its strange that even with ALL the vinyl enthusiasts on this site, and with a person who works directly with Hot Topic, that nobody on here seems to know when they're going to go online but this person on eBay who's doubling up does.

He/she doesn't know though, he's just ASSUMING. They find out a release is coming out, post the auction hoping that they'll get as many copies as they can. If they don't, they cancel a couple and issue refunds, no skin off their back. 

Don’t see how your theory is any more valid than mine.

How do they know when it is going to go up on the HT website? How do they know they're going to get that many copies?

I get on the site within the day of releases to get 1 personal press and stuff is increasingly getting sold out by the time I get there. 

There's a connection somewhere. If an employee is openly admitting that they use their discount to flip a record, they probably don't hesitate to hook up a friend or themselves to double their money. Because why would you put yourself on the line and pre-sell 5 copies if you might only get your hands on 3?

They don't know when it's going up. They just check in the wee hours of the morning every day to see what was added to the vinyl section.

What you think happens would be so much more difficult then how they actually pull it off.

To really shoot a hole in your theory LazyLabrador is in Illinois and CameronCam is in Pennsylvania. If they both sold 30 of each HT Circa Survive reissue what store did they go to for those records? It was only sent to west coast stores. 

It's pretty easy. There are dates posted in this thread and the hot topic thread. Updates are constantly posted. And as soon as one it goes up, someone almost instantly posts "it's up!".

The flippers are obviously members or viewers of these forums, just like Travis said.

-Captain Obvious

received mine s/t from one VC user, but both records are warped and unplayable, probably because there was no reinforcing cardboard in mailer :(  . any tips how to fix that?

w5Xl9yz.jpg

I've read about putting the records in between sheets of glass and putting it in your oven, and then taking it out and putting a heavy book or something on it. (If you want more info you can google it or something) I've always been too scared to try it because I don't want to make anything worse than it already is.

I've read about putting the records in between sheets of glass and putting it in your oven, and then taking it out and putting a heavy book or something on it. (If you want more info you can google it or something) I've always been too scared to try it because I don't want to make anything worse than it already is.

cant really get any worse than that though

received mine s/t from one VC user, but both records are warped and unplayable, probably because there was no reinforcing cardboard in mailer :(  . any tips how to fix that?

w5Xl9yz.jpg

Damn that sucks!

Would placing a book or object big enough to cover the entire record (with the record in the sleeve and jacket) and letting the book sit on it for a few days fix it? Without having to place it in the oven of course.

Damn that sucks!

Would placing a book or object big enough to cover the entire record (with the record in the sleeve and jacket) and letting the book sit on it for a few days fix it? Without having to place it in the oven of course.

In theory it seems like (with enough weight) this would work. Never tried it myself.

I DID place a decently warped record in the middle of a tightly packed record shelf once, and I could swear a week later the warp was a lot less than I remembered.

To really shoot a hole in your theory LazyLabrador is in Illinois and CameronCam is in Pennsylvania. If they both sold 30 of each HT Circa Survive reissue what store did they go to for those records? It was only sent to west coast stores.

You know something "Interesting" I've seen 2(maybe 3) different Item Locations for LazyLabrador. I believe it is a network...dun dun dun...haha.

I did this once with a record that arrived pretty warped two summer's ago. What I did different though was sit it out in the sun/98 Degree Texas heat for about 15 minutes. Surprisingly it worked.

I did this once with a record that arrived pretty warped two summer's ago. What I did different though was sit it out in the sun/98 Degree Texas heat for about 15 minutes. Surprisingly it worked.

Woah, I didn't think that worked. I got some MCR 7"s in the mail yesterday that were a little warped , so I might want to try it. But again, with my luck I'll completely destroy the record.

I'm stoked for these reissues. One thing is bothering me though.

HotTopic international shipping is so overpriced and ridiculous. Is there any alternative method where I can pay standard priced international shipping? I'd check out Discogs as they are released but there's no telling if the sellers will list their copies for the RRP.

Cheers!

I'm stoked for these reissues. One thing is bothering me though.

HotTopic international shipping is so overpriced and ridiculous. Is there any alternative method where I can pay standard priced international shipping? I'd check out Discogs as they are released but there's no telling if the sellers will list their copies for the RRP.

Cheers!

Pm user gkersey. He is usually up for buying for international folks and shipping them at cost. Good dude.

I'm more than a little agitated that my local Hot Topic doesn't stock any vinyl. The only one of these that I really want is Greatest Hits, so I better keep an eye out when that release gets closer...especially for that one.

Yea, I'm with you on that.  There are 2 HT stores near me that USED to carry vinyl.  Now the closest one to me that still carries vinyl is 2 hours away.  Sucks....