ETR + Fadeaway Records teaming up for 3xlp "Friends" Comp (100% proceeds go to cancer research)

I would have paid $60 shipped without blinking. Would have considered more, even if this was for profit. I like when small labels/bands make money and get exposure. It's a total bonus that you are able to make it happen for charity. That said, thank you for putting this sweet comp together. Wife and I each ordered one and can't wait to listen.

I would have paid $60 shipped without blinking. Would have considered more, even if this was for profit. I like when small labels/bands make money and get exposure. It's a total bonus that you are able to make it happen for charity. That said, thank you for putting this sweet comp together. Wife and I each ordered one and can't wait to listen.

You rule! Only cause I'm Stoked that we have the same mentality. I make almost nothing. My disposable income goes to spoiling my fiancé and buying records and I still make it a point to donate to a charity of my choice every year. I'm very drunk and revealing too much of myself so I will end with this.... To Ross, Dubin and anyone involved with this release, you have all of the respect I have to offer and I'm glad my money is going to a great cause. I donated to Project Eye to Eye this year! Not a cancer related cause but Check it out.

Sorry I didnt use the word mechanicals when it was implied.

Also jackass, Elliott Smith started the Elliott Smith Foundation for Abused Children in the year before he died and was planning on doing a benefit concert before his death. Perhaps you are confused with the Elliott Smith memorial that was set up,.. in memorial.

the mock ups are also shown on the product page in the store, friends and family variants are not shown....  http://fadeawayrecords.limitedrun.com/products/522986-fadeaway-records-10-friends-3xlp

BTW ordered variant 2(press 2 as they are calling it) Thanks for doing this ETR and fadeaway records.   Both of you guys rock,  dont let a few VC douches bring you down.  Happy new year to you both

https://twitter.com/thegayblades/status/418502693565775872

So I guess The Gay Blades broke up a week ago and announced today that they are getting back together. Their first two shows back are for the benifit shows. On the flyer is says "the limited live show variant will be available to order at these shows!" So the /100 variant of the second press is available for preorder at shows and randomly inserted in orders. I thought about trying to snag all 4 variants of this but that's a lot of dough and it's probably something I'm not really going to listen to all that much. Have any other shows been announced other than these?

If you have a question about the logistics of this compilation feel free to ask and I will answer you.. No one is hiding anything, there is no need to say make shit up.. Ask me and I will tell you... 

We are a registered & incorporated non-profit in the state of NJ, we have to file corporate taxes, we have to account for every expense and show where every penny goes. We have a tax id number (by nature those are tied to personal social security numbers so that I am held accountable for every expense and liable). There are huge legal ramifications here, with that said I think its safe to assume that we are doing what we say with the money.

To be fair, someone asked how much it was costing to have cover songs on the record and I quoted saying it was a good question but it was ignored. It wasn't being asked in cynicism or as an attack, just out of curiosity. Also, how much do you estimate from the $49 per record will go to charity? Thanks.

To be fair, someone asked how much it was costing to have cover songs on the record and I quoted saying it was a good question but it was ignored. It wasn't being asked in cynicism or as an attack, just out of curiosity. Also, how much do you estimate from the $49 per record will go to charity? Thanks.

As far as the cost of covers go, mechanicals will be handled appropriately. Some are going to be paid and some will/have been waived. (These are associated with the cost of producing the record and need to be determined by how many records are sold and pressed)

We are still finalizing the cost of pressing with the plant, the final quote is not in yet. But to estimate the coat will be between $15-$20 per record so we will be donating $20-$25 per record (plus any overage in shipping left over)

Thanks

M.

O yea, should have posted that here.

Rolling stone is premiering 3 tracks from the comp on their site...check it out

All Manchester orchestra related

For their contributions, Manchester Orchestra's Andy Hull, Robert McDowell and Chris Freeman each turn in a solo track. Hull’s "Back of Your Old Church" is a melancholy rumination on faith paired with a muted, drifting guitar line. McDowell (recording as Gobotron) supplies the creeping "Walk Like a Dog," in which he issues harsh denunciations despite a delicate backdrop that suggests Sixties folk-rock and psychedelia. Freeman (as Alaska) opts for the introspective route on "A Teacher in the Sun," for which he takes on the guise of an educator and contemplates his place in life.

Read more: http://www.rollingstone.com/music/news/manchester-orchestra-members-take-solo-turns-for-charity-20140103#ixzz2pMB9ykn6