PO: Modern Baseball - You're Gonna Miss It All - Out 2/11/14 via RFC

#37 on CMJ charts currently :)

I also do think Your Graduation is the catchiest, most single worthy track. Just sayin'. 

Big thanks to everyone on here that bought the record, the response has us and the band so psyched. 

I agree. I also think "Charlie Black" would be a good song candidate for a music video. That song is easily one of my favorites from the album.

This isn't a pop album, this isn't being sent to radio or anything. Singles really don't mean that much other than initial exposure. I think it pretty much worked on their part.

Making a music video puts the same amount of focus on the song as sending it to radio would, in terms of intent and belief that the song is representative of the album's sound.

Who's it written about?

If you don't know, then you probably don't know him. I'm not gonna stir the pot for no good reason and have people get the wrong impression of him in the chance that they do eventually meet him. That's not fair to anyone involved.

Making a music video puts the same amount of focus on the song as sending it to radio would, in terms of intent and belief that the song is representative of the album's sound.

If you don't know, then you probably don't know him. I'm not gonna stir the pot for no good reason and have people get the wrong impression of him in the chance that they do eventually meet him. That's not fair to anyone involved.

But the catchiness factor isn't as important in this case. I agree that a single in the "scene" should be representative of an album's sound, or maybe just a song they want to fuck around on. Either way, the whole classification of "single" isn't as important in this case.

Fair enough. I wasn't sure if it was a public figure or anything, like a record label owner.

you've already "stirred the pot" by mentioning it at all.

i really wish they would have a tour press of this for their upcoming tour with twy.  i can't believe they're actually coming to edmonton. 

also, how's their live show?  i'll probably be like 1 of 10 people who are actually into them here. 

live show is great! they've sounded really tight both times i've seen them and they have a lot of fun with it. it's a good time.

i really wish they would have a tour press of this for their upcoming tour with twy. i can't believe they're actually coming to edmonton.

also, how's their live show? i'll probably be like 1 of 10 people who are actually into them here.

Saw them in December with a crowd of like 35 people. They are amazing live.

When I first liked their FB page they had 3k likes. Now they have 27k. They've blown up so who knows you might have a bigger crowd now.

• 1 month later...

Seriously one of the saddest things I've heard all year. Pathetic as shit.

I couldn't believe it. Here's a video I posted on youtube. Crowd sucked hard. I really need to see them headline, because I wasn't expecting that at all.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q3OGnnDtNKY

I couldn't believe it. Here's a video I posted on youtube. Crowd sucked hard. I really need to see them headline, because I wasn't expecting that at all.

They're by far the second best band on the bill too. Really crazy how much hype they've lost from the kids. Also so crazy how a bunch of kids are leaving after Real Friends as well.

Was considering going but I can't face that crowd. Luckily Ace Enders and AGBPOL (and teen suicide too, but ugh) are playing my school that day and I'll likely be hungover all weekend due to it being my 21st birthday weekend so I'm almost definitely passing. Would love to see Fireworks though, almost definitely going to never see them again. Such a bummer.

I just wanna see The Wonder Years & Modern Baseball. Never really got into the other bands playing.

Yup, that was me last week. I went to the show last week here in San Antonio. Decent showing for Modern Baseball. Surpsingly big response to Citizen. Real Friends crowd was huge like always. And then the crowd seemed to get smaller after that. Was strange.