PO: Modern Baseball - You're Gonna Miss It All - Out 2/11/14 via RFC

• 2 weeks later...

was a huge fan of sports. tried really hard to give this a chance, but after several listens I just can't seem to enjoy it. :-(

some moments are really good on it, but this time around the corny moments on this one leave a bad taste in my mouth compared to the "corny lighthearted teenage problems" kinds of moments on sports. I dunno.

that one song where the verses sound like a country hoedown sort of sealed the deal for me on this one.

was a huge fan of sports. tried really hard to give this a chance, but after several listens I just can't seem to enjoy it. :-(

some moments are really good on it, but this time around the corny moments on this one leave a bad taste in my mouth compared to the "corny lighthearted teenage problems" kinds of moments on sports. I dunno.

that one song where the verses sound like a country hoedown sort of sealed the deal for me on this one.

see, i'm the complete opposite.  there's a few really solid songs on sports, especially cooke, but i just can't get really into it.  maybe i just haven't given it enough of a chance.

i'm assuming you're referring to "going to bed now" when referring to the country sound?

as long as they never write another song like that one on the split with the hundred acre woods, i'll be fine with them.

I think this albums finally clicked with me last night.  Don't get me wrong, I really liked it the first couple times I listened to it, but it wasn't anything I found my self wanting to come back to often.  Decided to give it another listen last night and I really got into it.  I still don't think it's better than Sports though, but it's close to being just as good.

Knowing who "Going to Bed Now" was specifically written about (albeit not entirely serious) made me like the song a lot less, honestly.

Also, I'm confused as to why "Your Graduation" is the single or whatever because it's far from the catchiest or poppiest song on the album.

This isn't a pop album, this isn't being sent to radio or anything. Singles really don't mean that much other than initial exposure. I think it pretty much worked on their part.

This isn't a pop album, this isn't being sent to radio or anything. Singles really don't mean that much other than initial exposure. I think it pretty much worked on their part.

#37 on CMJ charts currently :)

I also do think Your Graduation is the catchiest, most single worthy track. Just sayin'. 

Big thanks to everyone on here that bought the record, the response has us and the band so psyched. 

#37 on CMJ charts currently :)

I also do think Your Graduation is the catchiest, most single worthy track. Just sayin'. 

Big thanks to everyone on here that bought the record, the response has us and the band so psyched. 

You know what I mean, hahaha. You aren't "sending a single to radio" for this album at all.