Buying "new" vinyl

Guest burnedfaceless

Guest burnedfaceless

So I bought a "new" copy of Revolver yesterday. I noticed after I bought it 

"This album has been prepared using the 2009 digital remasters which had been created from the original stereo analogue master tapes".

Is it just me or is them passing it through digital before vinyl not giving me the sound some of my good condition vintage records have?

Another problem with records -- they are associated with those who lean left (hippies, indie kids, etc) but are made from petroleum and use fossil fuels to be manufactured and shipped, while an MP3 causes a fraction of the environmental impact and often has a higher margin of the sales price going to the struggling artists who we are trying to support.

Another problem with records -- they are associated with those who lean left (hippies, indie kids, etc) but are made from petroleum and use fossil fuels to be manufactured and shipped, while an MP3 causes a fraction of the environmental impact and often has a higher margin of the sales price going to the struggling artists who we are trying to support.

Those who lean left, huh? Where are you getting this information?

BLASHPEMY!

Those who lean left, huh? Where are you getting this information?

Common sense. Look at any political thread on here. Look at the sites that promote vinyl and the bands that release vinyl instead of digital only.

It's a broad generalization, not something to back up with stats. Obvious counter examples exist. We had a damn nazi record collector show up here. I'd bet money, though, that there is a correlation between collecting records and voting democrat (or even further left, like the Green Party).

Guest burnedfaceless

Well I drank last night and listened to Apple TV.

My point is if you run it through digital you don't get an accurate sound on vinyl. So it's best not to spend $20 for a brand new vinyl when you can shop around and find a classic edition that is in good condition. 

Digital sounds good on digital. Digital on vinyl is crap.