VC's definitive list of albums, A- Z (VOTING CLOSED)

brandy

1) Brand New didnt get 0 votes for the letter D so I dont know what Dereck is getting at. You also got to look at the fact that they have two D albums that get equal love and split the fans of Brand New between them. Had one been called Deja and the other God and Devil raging, then they probably would have taken both of those letters.

2) Ry- your list doesnt show you as musically tolerant, it shows that you have the same taste as every other hipster indie rock fan. Have you ever bought anything that wasnt reviewd favorably by Pitchfork?

3) Someone back a page or two said YFW was the worst Brand New album, they obviously never heard Daisy.

1) Brand New didnt get 0 votes for the letter D so I dont know what Dereck is getting at. You also got to look at the fact that they have two D albums that get equal love and split the fans of Brand New between them. Had one been called Deja and the other God and Devil raging, then they probably would have taken both of those letters.

2) Ry- your list doesnt show you as musically tolerant, it shows that you have the same taste as every other hipster indie rock fan. Have you ever bought anything that wasnt reviewd favorably by Pitchfork?

3) Someone back a page or two said YFW was the worst Brand New album, they obviously never heard Daisy.

01. I don't care enough to go back and tally up the votes if there are any.  So, what? - did two people in total vote for Brand New records?  Whatever number it was, it was super miniscule and deceptive of the love the band gets on these boards.  And honestly, even if there was a split between Deja and TDAG, I think fans would be able to make up their mind enough to vote for one or the other.  It'd make more sense for there to be multiple votes for each, respectively, instead of a "draw" where no one voted for either.

Also, *Derek.

02. You probably shouldn't talk down on someone's music library or preferences without providing your own.  It's a petty thing to do, and gives your argument about as much credibility as a troll's.

03. Obviously debatable, and you're entitled to your own opinion, but I think for as polarizing and out there as Daisy can be, it's significantly more interesting from a musical standpoint.  Power chords and breakup lyrics are pretty run-of-the-mill.

I like Brand New enough. The cult that seems to have grown around them puts me off them a little, but some real talk: Devil and God/Daisy > Deja/YFW. I have a lot of nostalgia for their first two albums because I was in high school when they came out, but the 2nd half of their discography is far superior.

(I wasn't participating in this thread during the D debacle, but Daughters - Daughters would have gotten my vote)