Recent purchases

I went to a flea market this weekend and got a haul of about 20 records for $1 each.  Nothing amazing or special but I did pick up that live Bruce Springsteen collection 5 lp box set for $1.  Also got a few Eagles and Peter Frampton albums that I didn't have.  I've been getting a lot of good 70's classic rock $1 records lately at flea's that have jackets and lps in near mint/mint condition. 

That Bruce 5xlp set is pretty much the best collection of music that you can find for roughly under 10 bucks everywhere

Bayside - Covers Vol #1

Taking Back Sunday - Where You Want To Be

Thursday - Full Collapse

all from HT

Cassettes:

Back To The Future OST

The Nightmare Before Christmas OST

Temple of the Dog - Temple of the Dog

Pearl Jam - Vitalogy

Singles OST

also the find of the day:

Pearl Jam - Spin The Black Circle / Tremor Christ for $5

Went to a couple record stores today. The first was a store that's moving in a few weeks so they're trying to get rid of as much stuff as they can so they don't have to move it. This is one of those stores that is just stacked with boxes full of albums (mostly older stuff). They had just put out a bunch of boxes from storage that they hadn't looked through yet. I was lucky enough to stumble upon a box filled with Beatles albums. 

Here's my haul from the first store. They were all $1 each.

The Beatles - Let It Be

The Beatles - Meet The Beatles

The Beatles - Yesterday and Today

The Beatles - Revolver

The Beatles - The White Album

The Beatles - Something New

The Beatles - 1962 - 1966

The Beatles - 1967 - 1970

The Beatles - The Early Beatles

The Beatles - Help

Louis Armstrong - Louis Armstrong Story Vol. 2

Ella Fitzgerald - Souvenir Album

The Story of Superman (radio recording)

Most of the albums are in pretty great shape. With a little bit of cleaning, they'll sound good. The Ella Fitzgerald album was released in 1949, which makes it the oldest record in my collection. The Superman record was an interesting find. It'll be a fun listen once I get my new turntable in the mail.

Picked these up at the second store

Spiritualized - Ladies and Gentlemen, We Are Floating in Space 2xLP used for $15

Craig Finn - Honolulu Blues 7" new for $.99

Captain Beefheart and His Magic Band - Plastic Factory 7" new for $.99

All in all, a pretty good day

Also picked up Beth Orton's Sugaring Season the other day from my local record store's used bin. The odd thing was, it was packaged in a plain white sleeve and factory sealed. If anyone trades in sealed records at this store, they mark it as used and put it in the used bin. They don't reseal it or anything which made this find a little odd. I bought it out of a mixture of curiosity and a love for Beth Orton. I was wondering if anyone had any information about this? I tried looking up different pressings or finding a similar copy, but to no avail. I thought maybe this was a promo copy, but in my experience they usually come in the normal jacket with the barcode slashed out. Maybe Anti- does things differently? Any information anyone could provide on this would help me a lot.