Coachella 2014 Full Lineup Announced

The official website won't load at the moment because everyone and their dog is on it, so here's P4K's link.  

http://pitchfork.com/news/53493-outkast-and-arcade-fire-to-headline-coachella-2014/

Discuss.

Also, Title Fight is now undoubtedly the biggest name in modern punk/hardcore.

BdgjC7bCMAA3mub.jpg-large.jpeg?wmode=tra

http://www.coachella.com/lineup/

Only bands I'd really wanna see are Mogwai and Fishbone. I'd prob check out Title Fight since nothing else really interests me that day. Ellie Goulding maybe, she's smokin' hot and got a great voice, not really into her music, though. AFI I would watch if they played stuff from Sing the Sorrow, I know it's prob regarded as their sell-out album but I legit think it's their best material.

Oh shit The Dismemberment Plan too, (didn't see their name it was so small.) Can't find Fishbone on there but they posted on fb that they are playing Sunday, I believe. Found it after looking a 4th time, should be bigger/higher up. I'd watch Beck and NMH too.

Sat and Sun look like the best days, to me. QOTSA would be dece too... I feel lukewarm about pretty much most of the bands on here I've heard of (Although, don't want to name names, but some are as the French say, le suck). Like I'd check out OutKast for fun but I don't really listen to, or collect, most of these bands.

The more I look at the more I think this line-up is as if you took 10,000 bands, wrote them on a piece of paper and threw darts to decide who plays. I'd watch Unlocking the Truth, those kids are awesome.

I can't, I've always thought they suck. They are like a piss-poor bite of radiohead's worst material, basically. That's my explanation. When I was in school for recording my production lab had to do 2 lifts, they ended up choosing Muse and something else... I wanted to play bass on the other track so I volunteered but got put on the muse lift instead, which was weird cause me and the other bass player basically had opposite styles that didn't fit the tracks we got placed on. (He was a rocker, I was more technical.)

Anyway the whole song was like 3 notes so I never practiced once and came in to play, and they are like 'did you stay up all night practicing?' and I was like 'no' and the student who was 'leading' the lab got pissed. They pressed record and I nailed the entire tune in 1 take. This was recorded in a (at least) million-dollar studio, at the school facilities. (I would estimate multi-million actually) Then the student who was pissed brought it home and retracked the bass on his M-box and everyone in the lab was like 'Why the fuck would you do that? that take was perfect.' and he was like 'there was a little bit of noise on it, it was driving me crazy so I had to.' LOL

^That's my MUSE anecdote.

Nothing Special about this all

People getting excited over Neutral Milk?? They have like 30 tour dates announced...How is seeing them with 100,000 people versus a small club exciting

Replacements super fans already saw them last year

Outkast is cool but this isnt a one off...they will be playing every festival this year

Muse?? They dont even have anything new out in like 2 years. I guess they couldnt get a semi big name to play

Overall so boring

Recently Muse's music has been pretty weak, but everything up to Black Holes and Revelations had been pretty supberb IMO. I'm not sure how much anybody has listened to them but I think albums like Origins of Symmetry and Absolution are fantastic. I always hear the comparisons to Radiohead, but I don't hear it - maybe their first album, but even that seems like a stretch. If you look past their last two albums and songs like "Supermassive Black Hole", I think they're one of the best mainstream bands around.

I get the Radiohead comparisons to Muse, but I honestly think it's lazy to just write them off as a Radiohead rip off. Sure, there are influences, but if you seriously give their whole catalogue a listen, there is plenty there that separates them. I'm a diehard Muse junky so I'll always defend them. I love Radiohead too, but I'll take Muse any day. Their last two albums are overall weak, but there is enough diversity there to keep you from getting bored IMO. And even their weakest songs translate very well live.

And The Resistance & The 2nd Law on vinyl sounds GREAT. Very heavy double LPs. Those albums on vinyl helped me to like them better because of how solid the sound quality is.

• 3 months later...