PO: INVENTIONS (Explosions In The Sky/Eluvium) - S/T LP 4/1

none of that slutty vinyl

I'm surprised they can sell this record for $12 and press it on virgin vinyl. I feel like virgin vinyl records are always marked up quite a bit.

Also, who on the boards runs Modern Vinyl? They just posted about the black virgin vinyl a few minutes after I asked TR about the pressing. Just curious!

Fixed.

Can vouch for that. Was hoping for some nice colours or special editions for this one, considering that fans of both Eluvium and Explosions will eat this up. Maybe Cooper and Smith wanted to keep it themselves and not have any extra gimmicks.

Ordered it already, expecting it to be limited but I know it will be impossible for the album to disappoint so no regrets.

TR's prices are amazing indeed. It will cost as much for the record shipped as albums usually go here in book stores. Good to not overpay for vinyl for a change.

I think the lack of colored wax is a bit of a missed opportunity on this one... especially when you consider how sweet the variant could potentially be, if it tied in with that album art.  But I'm hardly going to complain about release when it's selling for $12.  Temporary Residence has always been one of the best labels in the business, and this is just a testament to that.

The track above sounds like neither Eluvium nor EITS, and I'm completely okay with that.  I think this album is going to be incredibly wholesome and lush.  And I can't speak for everyone who's making this purchase... but I'm tickled to be spending $12 to hear beautiful new sounds, in an age where pop-punk nostalgia records - that everyone has heard and many have outgrown - are being repressed at twice the cost.

Interesting that they didn't do a colored variant for this or the Hauschka release, I wonder if they're steering away for that completely or if it's dependent on the release.  I don't really care, I'm just curious.  Definitely ordering this and a few other things once I get paid.

Maybe they are burnt out on the colored vinyl after that Prince Avalanche problem. I like colored vinyl, but I am happy with black. At this point, black is the new ultra swirl haze splatter.

I will once again say, like others have also said, TRL does it right with their prices. So many $20 records by relatively unknown bands are getting way too norm and I'm doing my best to vote by not buying those overpriced releases. TRL has fair prices with great service and quality pressings. I don't think I have ever had a problem with their record quality.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...