Lydia's Illuminate tour -- presale bundles (NO VINYL SORRY)

• 2 weeks later...

Saw the show in St. Louis over the weekend.  Lydai was great (although I would have appreciated more vocals).

Why didn't anyone tell me how great HRVRD is?  Had always been one of those bands I had heard of but never heard, but the mix of indie and space/prog-rock is squarely in my wheelhouse. Wonder how many younger fans realize how much the lead singer is aping Ian Anderson of Jethro Tull.  It's uncanny (and not meant as a dig at all).

Saw the show in St. Louis over the weekend. Lydai was great (although I would have appreciated more vocals).

Why didn't anyone tell me how great HRVRD is? Had always been one of those bands I had heard of but never heard, but the mix of indie and space/prog-rock is squarely in my wheelhouse. Wonder how many younger fans realize how much the lead singer is aping Ian Anderson of Jethro Tull. It's uncanny (and not meant as a dig at all).

HRVRD is amazing. Saw them live with A lot like birds. Check out there first full length the inevitable and I. One of my favorite albums.

And never heard of him or the band. Are they good?

Saw the show in St. Louis over the weekend. Lydai was great (although I would have appreciated more vocals).

Why didn't anyone tell me how great HRVRD is? Had always been one of those bands I had heard of but never heard, but the mix of indie and space/prog-rock is squarely in my wheelhouse. Wonder how many younger fans realize how much the lead singer is aping Ian Anderson of Jethro Tull. It's uncanny (and not meant as a dig at all).

Wow I'm a huge Hrvrd fan and never put this connection together but it's crazy!

Mind reiterating why they were horrible? I've seen them for a total of 6 times and they just get better and better each time.

i was actually really excited about seeing them--i love 'the inevitable and i'. i think they played 1 old song... the singer was really weird--ducking and hiding, all the overdone sign language shit. then went on some rant about names that was just awkward. i guess they played their songs well or whatever (the song i actually knew sounded good), the wife and i just weren't into it at all. i was going to pick up the new album on vinyl if they had it, ended up not even looking at their merch. probably the worst i've seen since foxy shazam. it's all subjective though.

To each his own I guess. I loved seeing Hrvrd. When I saw them they were the main band for that night so that might play a difference. I read an interview with Jesse once that he justs feels like shows can be so much more than just listening to live music but it can be a whole "cerebral" experience.