Coil / Nine Inch Nails - Recoiled LP

RECOILED is a rambunctious alchemy, of magikal Coil sensibilities and hi-tech home circa 90s mixing technique, all fused in the cave-like early studios of Danny Hyde / Peter Christopherson. These were the unrestrained PRE- BIG studio- mix downs, of four songs which long time Coil admirer / collaborator Trent Reznor requested Coil to remix. Reznor sent over the original multi-tracks and DATs to Hyde / Christopherson, who independently mixed versions and then met to synch both creations, molding them into these master versions. "Recoiled" includes a fuller, more opulent version of the track 'Closer', which eventually made it onto the opening credits to the movie "SE7EN". These 5 lengthy compositions are pre-Ableton / laptop generation type priest song creations, with the use of baby alarms and numerous wires to create bespoke effects. These legendary tracks were always rumoured to exist and, only the due diligence of a dedicated NIN forum who hunted them down, are released/unleashed for your listening pleasure.

Vinyl Color: N/A

Track Listing:

Gave Up (Open My Eyes)

Closer (Unrecalled)

A Downward Spiral (A Gilded Sickness)

Eraser (Reduction)

Eraser (Baby Alarm Mix)

http://www.shopradiocast.com/products/Coil-%7B47%7D-Nine-Inch-Nails-%252d-Recoiled-LP.html

- seems to be up for preorder

http://coldspring.co.uk/discography/csr193cd/#.Utd-afxMHJE

~not up from what i find yet. Colored lp

Very nice.  Will definitely be picking this up.  If I read that correctly, Closer (Unrecalled) = Closer (Precursor) from the Closer to God maxi-single.

EDIT:  Listening to Closer (Unrecalled) for the first time.  Not the same as the Precursor remix from Closer to God.  It's a remix of the remix.  A quote from South Park's Insheeption episode just because:  "It’s Like a Taco Inside a Taco Within a Taco Bell That’s Inside a KFC Within a Mall That’s Inside of Your Dream!"

Is this Halo 29?

This doesn't exist... hence it being odd that it turned into a commercial release.

Here's the story:

Uncoiled Extended (12/22/2012)- 

Over 50 members from echoingthesound.org helped make the original Uncoiled possible. This extended edition is for those members. The extended edition contains tracks that were not included on the original Uncoiled release. Those tracks are as follows:
01 - This is the opening commentary from Danny Hyde. 
02 - This is the original version of Gave Up (open my eyes) as Danny intended it to sound. On the initial release of Uncoiled, we incorrectly adjusted the sample rate. This caused the song to play faster than Danny intended. 
06 - Closer (demo) with commentary
07 - Additional commentary from Danny Hyde on the following Gave Up remixes

Uncoiled (11/03/2012)- 
On February 21, 1995, Stephanie Nahas posted to alt.music.nin about meeting up with Danny Lohner, who mentioned at the time that Coil had remixed Eraser for an upcoming remix album. Sometime in the next few months, someone with reliable contacts with the Coil and NIN camps let on that several remixes were completed by Coil, but not all of them made the remix album. The Nine Inch Nails discography was updated to add the following tracks to "NIN PHANTOM SONGS"

Eraser (a version with worms)
The Downward Spiral (a gilded sickness)
The Downward Spiral (fullblown)

These were added a few lines below this existing entry:
Gave Up(remix by coil, used in movie Young Americans, faster than fixed version and uses the same sound template according to John Balance of Coil. fixed version appears on soundtrack)

Over the years, NIN fans helped dig up tracks on that PHANTOM NIN SONGS list, but these proved elusive. Peter Christopherson was asked in 2007 about any unreleased remixes for the launch of remix.nin.com:
"Thanks for writing and listening over the years, but sorry - to the best of my recollection everything we did was already used by Trent in public, except the Broken Movie, which I understand is available from some pirate.com type sites."

With the passing of John Balance and Peter Christopherson, I took the rumors of those remixes of The Downward Spiral and Eraser to be figments of the creative imagination of someone on alt.music.nin - as to the remix of Gave Up that appeared in Young Americans, that concretely existed. In 2012, longtime Echoing the Sound forum member Wizfan, hailing from Greece, contacted Danny Hyde:

"I had seen a YouTube video of yours a couple of years ago. You showed a box with the Nothing logo on it. Do you still have it? Could you tell us about it? We are interested in unreleased songs/remixes by Coil, NIN or other artists."

The response he got was pretty exciting -
"sure i have many unreleased versions of Gave up and closer, mixes created on the days but different and unheard even by trent
I also have versions of the downward spiral and eraser mixes on a dat somewhere"

Eight months later, with the help of over fifty members of EchoingTheSound.org, remixes that have sat on DATs - some for over two decades - are now available for you to enjoy.

Special thanks to Wizfan for getting the ball rolling, to David D. Yuhnke for chasing down all the other phantom NIN tracks, Marius Andrei Dima for coming up with photography in very short order, and Danny Hyde for making this possible.

Link is a little misleading with the "vinyl color unknown" statement in the title and description.  If you click on the link posted by the OP, it shows this:

CSR193LP (January 2014)

Coil / Nine Inch Nails | Recoiled

LP: Brown / Black Splatter Vinyl Ltd x 500 (via Cold Spring only)

LP: Black (unlimited)

So unless you are buying some directly from Cold Spring to sell directly, then likely your color would be black.  I just don't want any of your customers to be misled or disappointed if they order from you with the thought/potential of getting a colored variant when that just isn't the case.

so is this a legit release or a grey market dealy? 

As far as I can tell, it's a legit release OF a grey market dealy...  all involved parties that could put a stop to the release of the files (and now a physical pressing of) have turned a blind eye (I mean, Danny Hyde gave them away, and the NIN camp is aware of the existence, I think Rob tweeted about it).  What's odd is the lack of action from the involved labels, though it's possible their oblivious.

As far as I can tell, it's a legit release OF a grey market dealy...  all involved parties that could put a stop to the release of the files (and now a physical pressing of) have turned a blind eye (I mean, Danny Hyde gave them away, and the NIN camp is aware of the existence, I think Rob tweeted about it).  What's odd is the lack of action from the involved labels, though it's possible their oblivious.

makes sense. I was surprised at Reznor's lack of involvement as he typically is big into quality control on his releases.

Link is a little misleading with the "vinyl color unknown" statement in the title and description.  If you click on the link posted by the OP, it shows this:

CSR193LP (January 2014)

Coil / Nine Inch Nails | Recoiled

LP: Brown / Black Splatter Vinyl Ltd x 500 (via Cold Spring only)

LP: Black (unlimited)

So unless you are buying some directly from Cold Spring to sell directly, then likely your color would be black.  I just don't want any of your customers to be misled or disappointed if they order from you with the thought/potential of getting a colored variant when that just isn't the case.

I'm not trying to mislead anybody. I'm getting these from a distributor in the UK who's memo didn't include a vinyl color or that information you just posted. Once I get confirmation from the distributor on vinyl color I'll update the listing. I do this with all of my pre-orders. I've been burned by distributors before so I don't update the color until I know FOR SURE.

I'm interested for Coil's involvement (not a huge NIN fan), but likely won't bother buying what is essentially a bootleg and is likely sourced from the same MP3s that currently reside on my computers hard drive.

If you referring to the Uncoiled collection, then yes, you are correct (and if you're not referring to Uncoiled, it's not hard to get your hands on it).  Except for that last track, "Eraser [baby Alarm Mix]", I have no idea where that's from...