Jay Z - Magna Carta Holy Grail 3rd Man Records Release

• 2 weeks later...

Got my copy from Amazon yesterday. Sounds really nice, and beautiful packaging. Love the releases Third Man puts out for the quality and the price!

I opened up my back panel for the flexi-disc and was bummed to find I had to completely open it up, and peel it back, since the disc was sealed in an envelope. I then taped the sides (top and bottom of the housing) closed and can now slide the disc in and out the one opening

Got my copy from Amazon yesterday. Sounds really nice, and beautiful packaging. Love the releases Third Man puts out for the quality and the price!

I opened up my back panel for the flexi-disc and was bummed to find I had to completely open it up, and peel it back, since the disc was sealed in an envelope. I then taped the sides (top and bottom of the housing) closed and can now slide the disc in and out the one opening

Yeah, I just cut mine out and thought there wasn't a flexi in there for a good five minutes. Then I checked this thread, saw your post, and knew I had to make more than one cut. Pretty proud of the super clean cut I did, had to cut three of the four sides.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...

I still don't understand why anyone would want to buy an album spread across however many 7"

I actually asked someone from a well regarded label that puts these out this very question. He told me: For DJs. Certain genres are still played via clubs and turntables. They sell a nice number in this breakdown format apparently. This might not fit there due to price it is more a collectible but that's what I was told and I believe it from this source.

I actually asked someone from a well regarded label that puts these out this very question. He told me: For DJs. Certain genres are still played via clubs and turntables. They sell a nice number in this breakdown format apparently. This might not fit there due to price it is more a collectible but that's what I was told and I believe it from this source.

hrm. I guess that's a good explaination, especially if those djs don't just want to play the actual singles that are usually put out on 7" anyway. Good call. Same to Chashawk. I'm on mobile and double quoting is a pain.